Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ace not sure where you are planning on buying the lights from but the part number is 1757822 and over here I can buy them for £70 for the pair direct from Ford!

Btw does yours have an ambient light above the glovebox?

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Yes you mentioned you were thinking of the option of putting your white ones under the seat. Do they get that hot to touch.

I fixed my under seat LEDs to the top of the heating outlet using good double sided tape, a location which may be well away from your dog as there is metalwork of the seat should prevent him going too far under.

I still think its odd (or cost cutting) that for the UK market, they dont think ambient lights, which I guess would normally act as rear footwell lights too, are not required.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Ace not sure where you are planning on buying the lights from but the part number is 1757822 and over here I can buy them for £70 for the pair direct from Ford!

Btw does yours have an ambient light above the glovebox?
Yes, the front of the cabin has ambient everywhere, door handles and bins, under the dashboard, glovebox and center console.

I buy most of the parts/accessories from an authorised dealer, who always applies a 15% discount on all prices for members of Club Ford Hellas. Price after discount is about 55 euros for each fixture, so 110euros for the pair, I've seen more or less the same price everywhere, such as here

I dont know the difference between 1757821 and 1757822, they seem the same, according to Ford7Zap one is for LHD and the other for RHD, and according to my VIN I have the 821. Not to mention that the exact same part appears with different codes (and prices) in the Focus as well. It's a mess...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ace it doesn’t surprise me that Ford use different part numbers for the same part on different cars. I found this with the rear fog light lenses. If anyone is interested the Ecosport White lenses are the same shape and size as the red ones on the Kuga. I have fitted red bulbs to these for the Fogs, and look great on a White car!
Phil yes the LEDs have small heat sinks which get a tad warm, not enough to burn but not sure I would be happy with our Charlie sitting against them for any amount of time. I have some spare number plate lenses and bulb holders from my old Focus which I am thinking of using under the seats, which should help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ambient dashboard light

Finally got around to installing the ambient lighting above the glovebox, there are a couple of shadows from the plastic moulding but pleased with the result. Have to say this was a real pain to fit. Does anyone out there have a photo of theirs at night so I can compare?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve just bought a brand new 2019 model ST Line, it has lighting in the footwells, centre console lighting up the cup holder’s, front door pockets and the interior door handles.
It has an Ambient Lighting button on the settings menu on the SYNC3 system, but it is not highlighted, does this only work with the ignition on and,or the side/headlights?
Or, does the Kuga have these places lit as standard.

I’m just wondering, as the car won’t be delivered until the middle of next month and I’ve only had a mooch about when it was in the showroom.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yes only work with the ignition turned on,,I have set it once and never used it again.

Ross

Reactions: Man of Kent
21 - 29 of 29 Posts