Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice forum :) First post and it's a long one! lol

Iam wondering which of the two you would choose?

Basically thetitanium model will cost me £1000 more than the zetec model.

I have spec'd the zetec as follows:

£17550

Conv Pack

App Pack

Xenon Lights

Bluetooth

I have spec'd the titanium as follows:

£18549

Conv Pack

App Pack

Xenon Lights

Bluetooth

As far as I can see the way I have spec'd the cars leaves the titanium with the following extra featires:

Auto Lights

Auto Wipers

DEATC

Keyless Entry

Sony Sound System

Partial Leather Seats

But... Smaller wheels

Which would you pick?

Is there that much of a difference in depreciation between the models? Are the extras worth splashing out that extra bit per month for the car?

Anyone have any idea of roughly what figures I am looking at on PCP with a £1000 deposit down?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Sorry to all you Zetec owners out there, but I do not like the blue or orange interior trim. And you see that every time you sit in the car. The wheels, well I hope that you don't see those inside the car if you see what I mean. Also the higher sidewalls of the 17 inch tyres mean easier & more comfortable crossing of speed bumps and rocks, and are cheaper to replace!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Have to say i was worried about blue trim but find i actually really like it, didnt seem to be anything on the titanium that i really felt i would miss so went for the zetec, though titanium seems to be the one with extra deals/discounts. Could have had the appearance pack but wasnt bothered about bigger wheels (more expensive to replace?) and i have two problems with the tint, dont like the way it looks when back is so different from front windows and (having test driven one and spoken to people) concerned about seeing out the back. Did get the roofrails cause thought they looked good but now realise would have looked good either way. That's not to say anyone was wrong to choose titanium , it was a close decision but wanted to keep the total cost down if i could.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies so far :)
Quatro, your pics look like you have 18" on there?

MikeW, What specifcation did you end up with?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Another vote for the Titanium based purely on the interior panel colours, I didn't like the Zetec blue or orange so ordered Titanium, not arrived yet but excited. If you like the colours I personally would go Zetec.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rich_y2 said:
Another vote for the Titanium based purely on the interior panel colours, I didn't like the Zetec blue or orange so ordered Titanium, not arrived yet but excited. If you like the colours I personally would go Zetec.

That's what I was thinking and I have seen the Blue interior and I think I quite like it to be honest. I am coming from a Focus ST with blue interior and have always thought that looked nice.

Any more opinions? Especially on the cost / depreciation / resale and possibly some PCP ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am financing my Kuga through Ford Options. When I went through the numbers I did notice that the GMFV for the Zetec was only slightly below the Titanium's - i.e you wont get all your money back from the price difference after2 years.
That said - I was offered more deals on titaniums that could be used to offset this effect.

In the end I went for the Zetec as I like the Blue Interior - was offered the best deal on the zetec in the end and also was the lowest cash price.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
84 Posts
SA12 said:
Thanks for the replies so far :)
Quatro, your pics look like you have 18" on there?

MikeW, What specifcation did you end up with?

silver zetec with convenience pack and roofrails

mikew

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Yep, 18" wheels. But that was a decision I made when ordering the car months before I even saw a demo car. I think if I was reordering now, I would stay with 17' wheels, they are better for rough roads and use cheaper tyres. Edited by: quatroxquatro

·
Registered
212 Posts
We have the titanium and having sat in the back on the way home yesterday I have to agree that the world looks pretty dark from inside and I feel quite sorry for our kids now. Other than that I am well pleased with the kuga titanium.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Picking up my Kuga this afternoon after a long wait for the factory build. Will post some pics up later tonight or tomorrow :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well I was all for getting a Titanium but when push came to shove I chose a Zetec and have no regrets whatsoever. Mine is AWD Sea Grey with Appearance pack, panoramic roof and bluetooth and ended up being £1000 less than a best price I could get on standard spec Titanium 2WD. Not only that but I actually like the orangey coloured trim. I miss having reversing sensors and cruise control though which my old beemer had.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts