Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone !!

Last week I ordered my new Kuga Zetec in Vision with Convenience Pack (Front & Rear Parking Sensors, Power Folding Door Mirrors, Cruise Control) and Bluetooth Handsfree Phone System.

I couldn't make up my mind whether the Aluminium Roof Rails would lookgood on the Blue paint, so I'm going to wait and see how I feel in a few weeks...

This is my first ever Ford car and I tried a lot of other SUV's namely Toyota RAV4, Honda CRV, Renault Koleos, Suzuki Grand Vitara, Chevrolet Captiva, Nissan Quashqai&VW Tiguan - but I completely fell in love with the Kuga !!!

Love the driving position, smooth gearbox, quiet in the cabin, responsive - and it looks so **** good !!!!!

I just can't wait until March 1st!!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mouse !!

I take your point - I just want to get into it on Sun March 1st but prob will order the roof rails afterwards !!!!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
There are quite some topics on this forum about retro fit roof rails.
Just use the search option.

Delivery on a Sunday?? Wow, what kind of dealer is this or is the crisis soo big that they will do anything to please customers

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again Mouse !

I have only just found this site this morning whilst looking at Kuga's on Youtube !!!! So I will suss out the retro fit for roof rails later...

I did most of my test drives on the last3 Sunday's !! Most Dealers here in the UK are open on Sundays 10 - 4 albeit with "skeleton staff" - all were very pleased to see me and offer the Test Drives !!!!!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hi KugaBabe,

I agree with Mouse about the roof rails totally but I will probably never use mine for their purpose because I love the look of the chrome and wouldn't want to damage them. How sad is that?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi KugaBabe,

I love the Vision colour but I'm a sucker for black. Welcome to the forumby the way!!

I have to say I won't be using the roof rails for their intended purpose either, I will be hanging off them while trying to clean the roof!!!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome KugaCat !

I can't decideif I've made a mistake by not ordering the roof rails, but as they are only available ex-factory within the Appearance Pack and I don't like the Privacy Glass on Hub's S-Max - I am going to wait and see what the Vision will look like without them.... They are going to cost me £175 + vat to buy from the Dealerand Hub will fit them for me..........

·
Registered
54 Posts
mouse1277 said:
There are quite some topics on this forum about retro fit roof rails.
Just use the search option.

Delivery on a Sunday?? Wow, what kind of dealer is this or is the crisis soo big that they will do anything to please customers

Hi mouse

There will be a lot of new owners picking up their cars on Sunday. It's March 1st and this is the date that the new 09 registration plate becomes available in the UK.

(It's also St Davids day - the national saint of Wales holiday, so we'll all be celebrating in this part of the country too!!)

·
Registered
54 Posts
KugaBabe said:
Thanks for the welcome KugaCat !

I can't decideif I've made a mistake by not ordering the roof rails, but as they are only available ex-factory within the Appearance Pack and I don't like the Privacy Glass on Hub's S-Max - I am going to wait and see what the Vision will look like without them.... They are going to cost me £175 + vat to buy from the Dealerand Hub will fit them for me..........

Hi Kugababe

Great colour choice in the Kuga you've chosen. I had a choice of Vision too, but I didn't go for it cos I couldn't have roof rails or bluetooth in it. Ended up with a Tango and I'm suprisinglyhappy (especially as I've tended to have blue cars).

I saw the Vision without roof rails at the dealers when I picked mine up. What suprised me was that it made the vehicle look so different. With roof rails it makes it look like an SUV, without them it kind of makes it look like a car (sorry !! - only my opinion).

Anyway at least you have the option of adding them after and I do agree with you about the privacy glass - it's a pain to see out of, especially when it's dark and you're parking.

I'm sure you'll have a big smile on your face Sunday when you pick it up !!

·
Registered
295 Posts
KugaRugby said:
I saw the Vision without roof rails at the dealers when I picked mine up. What suprised me was that it made the vehicle look so different. With roof rails it makes it look like an SUV, without them it kind of makes it look like a car (sorry !! - only my opinion).
My opinion too.
Items as roof rails and wheels "make" a car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts