Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
Just purchased a new Kuga Titanium AWD in tango red (unfortunately) with appearance pack, bluetooth and 18'' alloys. Picking it up on Wednesday 8th April hopefully. Was hoping to get a black one but availability up here in Scotland was really poor and the price to order with extra kit was about another 4K and I couldn't bear to wait any longer anyway. So, as someone said to me - you'll not see the colour when you're driving it - i'll just have to pretend it's black! Hopefully i'll get used to the 'you've been tango'd' comments from my husband and maybe i'll grow to like the colour. Have a 2 litre 07 plate petrol mondeo at the moment which i've enjoyed but time to move on..... i'll miss my reverse sensors though - they've made me so lazy. Might have to get a kit fitted on the Kuga if I can find one that can be well hidden and doesn't look tacky. See how it goes. 4 sleeps til i get my new toy - excited!!
Cheers everyone.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi suziblue

Welcome to the Kuga Forum. Don't worry about the colour as i don't think it looks that bad at all,you'll certainly get used to it. I didn't want to pay for metallic paint so i've got the frozen white which i love and it really stands out especially with the dark privvy glass,i actually wouldn't have any other colour now.

I only picked mine up 2 days ago and i absolutely love it. You will too!!

Let us know how you get on.

Graham

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Suziblue,

A big welcome from me too. I like Tango Red, if you check out the Photo Album you will see one on there, it looks fabulous.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the warm welcome to the club. Two more sleepless nights until I get my Kuga. Never been so excited about a new car. Looking forward to putting some miles on the clock at the weekend. Surprised at how cheap the new insurance is for it - only put my premium up by about a fiver for the year. Have enjoyed looking at the pictures of the members Kugas on this site. Was thinking of phoning the dealer tomorrow and getting them to fit mud flaps. Not sure if this is a good idea or not. Any idea of how much I should be prepared to spend on this? Could I get my other half to put them on easily enough?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Suziblue,

I think there is a thread on here somewhere about the mudflaps, some people prefer to put them on themselves and others take their Kugas to the dealer. Personally I took my Kuga to the dealer I was unsure of what to do and the instructions on them don't always seem that straight forward. I'm very glad I had mudflaps fitted and they do actually blend with the body mouldings very well and they keep a reasonable amount of dirt off. They tend to be priced around £50 for the set and another £50 to fit them, but that depends on the dealer, some may be cheaper.

I felt exactly the way you do now, really excited and couldn't sleep, especially the night before.

Good Luck with your new Kuga

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for info.Went and ordered mud flaps today - will fit them at some point. Managed to get a wee sneaky look at the Kuga today - gave it a pat and told it to have a good rest tonight as tomorrow it will be mine and won't be getting much rest! Just hoping mine doesn't have any of the teething problems talked about on the site. I suppose it is to be expected to a degree with a new car. I'll just focus on the good points. Will be quite glad to see the mondeo going - it was quite nippy and i've never had a diesel before so will have to get used to the slower take off. On holiday this week so went for a drive - never saw a single Kuga on the road. Seem to be pretty rare up here. Think i've only seen 2 or 3 in real life!! This time tomorrow i'll be able to look out the window and see one whenever i want. Oh dear, i'm gettin really obsessed. My husband thinks i've gone mad. (he's not far wrong)!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Belated Welcome Suziblue & Happy New Kuga Day !!!

Haven't been on this site much over the last couple of weeks.....been getting ready for holiday (1st ever Cruise) and we are just about to set off for the airport....finally..... after loads of aggravation with the Travel Agent

But just wanted to wish you a Happy New Kuga Day !!!

Be prepared for lots of people starting at you - I have had mine for 5 weeks now and the admiring looks continue

Hopefully will be popping on here from the Caribbean - and Twittering too !!

Have a Happy Kuga-ing Easter Everyone !!!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Suziblue,
Have you got your Kuga yet?

It was the same in my neck of the woods, hadn't seen another Kuga for 6 months then like the proverbial bus four in one day!

Let us know how you get on with your new baby?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hooray - it has arrived and believe it or not - I LOVE IT!!! Have suddenly decided I can live with tango red as long as it's a Kuga. Dealer is having a problem getting mud guards but will fit them for free once they arrive. Supposedly they're in short supply. Got a little bonus though - car has 6 cd changer which i didn't know about so at least that's something for nothing. Car drives like a dream - not found anything i'm not happy with yet. Had to chase some people from drooling over it in the dealers carpark when i went to pick it up this afternoon. Please don't rub your handbag along the side of MY new car, I said. She soon shifted and started looking at the Ka's instead. Oh dear. Who do I think I am?! Anyway, happy motoring and happy holidays everyone. Off to bed with my Kuga handbook. Very sad!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Best thing I found in the handbook was how to change the steering. Was far too light for me. Changed it to Sport and it's now great!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi there. Not been on the site for ages - too busy driving the Kuga! Totally agree about the steering - far too light on normal - sport feels much better. Thanks alot for drawing my attention to it.
Lovin it!!
Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts