Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mr. Happy
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove home yesterday car's fantastic.

Open car this morning turn it over and within 10 seconds bloody "Engine Malfunction" light comes up and goes into limp mode.

Call The AA and get they guy to attach his laptop and air flow chart shows or looks like blockage?

I have just had a FULL service on 12.4.21, so he checks air filter................Brand new one in there.
He sprays some gear in the intake and says that's the stuff, nuffink changes.

So come Tuesday it's back to the garage for another visit.

It's been driving like a dream and I have been doing plenty of motorway miles, so I'm hoping they don't say them dreaded letters......................DPF.

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,938 Posts
Drove home yesterday car's fantastic.

Open car this morning turn it over and within 10 seconds bloody "Engine Malfunction" light comes up and goes into limp mode.

Call The AA and get they guy to attach his laptop and air flow chart shows or looks like blockage?

I have just had a FULL service on 12.4.21, so he checks air filter................Brand new one in there.
He sprays some gear in the intake and says that's the stuff, nuffink changes.

So come Tuesday it's back to the garage for another visit.

It's been driving like a dream and I have been doing plenty of motorway miles, so I'm hoping they don't say them dreaded letters......................DPF.
Could be a dodgy air filter. I would get a genuine one and try. Did the AA give you a DTC code. Check the electrical connector that goes to the airbox is in place. I had the light come on our Mk6 fiesta once and that electrical connector had become detached for some reason.

·
Mr. Happy
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The AA man had the Air filter out and it was clean as a whistle.
He had the code 45 come up on his laptop.
I have an OBDII reader and sitting in car yesterday I got code P0045.
Which has indicated Turbo control solenoid possibly open?
It's gotta go to the Doctors for a check now :(.

I take very good care of this car and every now and then it lets me down, I will loose work this coming week which in turn just adds more cost to the car letting me down.

Loss of revenue will add at least another £1,000 to whatever the garage charge me, So NOT so HappyArry at the moment.

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,938 Posts
The AA man had the Air filter out and it was clean as a whistle.
He had the code 45 come up on his laptop.
I have an OBDII reader and sitting in car yesterday I got code P0045.
Which has indicated Turbo control solenoid possibly open?
It's gotta go to the Doctors for a check now :(.

I take very good care of this car and every now and then it lets me down, I will loose work this coming week which in turn just adds more cost to the car letting me down.

Loss of revenue will add at least another £1,000 to whatever the garage charge me, So NOT so HappyArry at the moment.
Is car hire a possibility to offset loss of revenue.

·
Mr. Happy
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is car hire a possibility to offset loss of revenue.
I could, but a lot of hassle and short notice to get something sorted mate.
I will contact my local garage tomorrow and see when it can be looked at, and take it from there.

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,938 Posts
The reason I mentioned about the air filter being faulty is someone else had an issue on a petrol engine car after replacing the air filter. Just because it's dust free doesn't mean to say it's good. Just a thought.

Reactions: Happyarry

·
Mr. Happy
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE.
Cars in menders and the ECU has been taken off and sent away for refurbishing ( or something like that) and I'm now driving around in a rental Vauxhall until further notice.

Been quoted £683 to put it right.

Ford should be ashamed of themselves knowing that the MK1 has issues with the ECU they installed back then.

But they would never admit the problems that are now coming up on the MK1 ....................BAR-STEWARDS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts