Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

Yay! Got Car - very happy...

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  mouse1277 
#1 ·
At last!

Sea Grey Titanium with all the trimmings has finally arrived. Done a couple of trips and I am well happy - there are so many spangly toys in it that I have to RTFM...keyless entry, rear-view camera, sat-nav etc etc...

The size of the Kuga is quite intimidating at the moment - I haven't driven a car as large as this since my Frontera back in the mid-nineties - surprised how much bigger it is than a standard Focus.

Problems/Queries:

The sat-nav unit crashed once - no sound from radio at all - buttons to select radio, CD/AUX didn't do anything - left it for a bit and it was ok.

Does the orangey information centre in the dash always stay on even when the car is locked? My wife reckons it goes off after a while but when she went to have a look later, and tested the door handle, the info-display lit up again...

Did anyone get the line-in cable or iPod cable as standard? If not, is it worth buying "part number 1529487 Adapter - Audio" or should I just use a standard iPod USB cable and a line-in for the audio?

Anyway, well pleased with the car!

See less See more
#4 ·
hessisgod said:
Congratulations Zetec. Just out of interest, why are you Zetec when you ordered a titanium?
Heh...because the first Ford I owned was a Puma with a 1.7 Zetec engine... then I got the Focus RS which was initially a Zetec but they renamed their engines Duratec. The name just stuck through the forums I've been on.

Still learning stuff about the Kuga... auto headlamps, auto wipers, tyre pressure monitor (how?) etc etc.

I find the heated seats weird though - feel like I've had an accident in my trousers...
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

#5 ·
I find the heated seats weird though - feel like I've had an accident in my trousers...
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

The tyre pressure thing is quite smart, it calibrates itself when you set it, by measuring the number of clicks from each wheel sensor when the tyres are correctly inflated, the same sensors that are used for the ABS and ESC systems. Then, if a tyres' pressure goes down, it's circumference changes and so generates a different number of clicks per revolution and gives you a warning message.

Hope your K is as reliable as mine has been so far!

#7 ·
Raptor said:
Orange display does go off but it stays on for a surprising length of time. Try leaving the doors alone (especially with keyless entry) and check it after about 30 mins (haven't timed mine but I parked up 30 mins ago and it is definitely off now.
Just walked by my car (it is dark outside) and noticed that they orange display is still lit.
I parked it 50 minutes ago, all doors are closed and it is double locked.
Is this normal or when should it go dark?

I don't have keyless entry.

#8 ·
mouse1277 said:
Just walked by my car (it is dark outside) and noticed that they orange display is still lit.
I parked it 50 minutes ago, all doors are closed and it is double locked.
Is this normal or when should it go dark?
Strange, just did absolutely the same thing and when I checked after 10 minutes everything was dark
Am i losing my mind or does someone have an explanation?

#9 ·
Ford use a CAN bus to connect various computers together in a kind of network inside the car. This Controller Area Network saves a lot of individual cables being routed through the car. Probably the different times taken to fully shut down depend on the actual state of any device on the CAN bus when the ignition is switched off.
See applematt's earlier reply here:

http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=308&KW=BUS

Edited by: quatroxquatro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.