Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't even gotten the car yet, but here I am about to order some bits and pieces for it anyway...

I am going to order some Xenons bulbs with slightly higher color temperature (more bluish) and need to know what type of xenon bulbs is used on the Kuga. Types of xenon bulbs are:
-D1S, D1R(with ignitor)

-D2S, D2R and D2C. (most likely one of theese)

-D4(x) Possibly (new generation)

I have read the manual, but it doesn't list the xenon bulb. Just says to contact workshop to change the bulb...

Stock bulbs are always 4300K (degrees, kelvin) color temperaturewhich is as white as it gets, and I want 6000K which has some more blue in it. If you go higher than 6000K, you get less light output and shorter range. 10-12000K is for show use only.

A standard halogen bulb is typically 3300K.

Also thinking of installing a xenon/ HID kit for the fog lights.

Thanks for your help!!

Edited by: sap_2000

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody knows what type of bulb they have??

I would be very happy if one of you could take a few minutes and check...

I have found a place that sells xenon bulbs for 20$ a pair. Dealers normally charge 120-200$ a piece

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found out that the xenonbulbs in the Kuga are D1S with theintergrated ignitor at the base if anoye at a later time need to order bulbs.

The D1S bulbs are newer and more rare to come by, but I have foound one company that sells D1S bulbs with the more blueish color temperature of 6000K instead of normal 4300K.

I'll order the bulbs and let you know how they work out...

D1S bulb

Color temperature. 4300K - 5000K and 6000K

1 - 3 of 3 Posts