Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is my Kuga, I'd only had her 2 days when we went to the Bristol Balloon Fiesta, My husband who crews the balloons thought she'd come in handy for the tether!

While all the Land Rovers were bouncing about all over the place, she sat calmly doing her job!

Just to show off a bit I've also added how she looks now with my plate on, IF you squint (lots) it does read Teresa

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I love the idea of a Kuga floating through the skies over Southern England. What an ad!I can see people taking pot shots of the balloon hoping it would land in their garden

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
daisbuys said:
Why dont you put a black screw on the "2" on your number plate. Would turn it into an e then without modifying the numbers or plate?

Did that when it was on my Sportage & got pulled by the boys in blue!

1st time was slapped wrists, 2nd time they can & will fine me!

But more worrying is their onboard numberplate reader thingydoesn't read it, which is good if I'm speeding, but not so good if it's been nicked!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
amser said:
Those Bi-Xenon lights look ace!

They're wicked!

They're self leveling - when you fire up the engine they automatically take into accout the weight & set themselves at the right height, & swivel when you go round corners, my hubbie say's it's so you can see round corners, but not too sure if I'm going for that, but the best bit........ when you clean the windscreen a little arm pops out & jets them clean!

I'm even "cool" with my teenage son "cos you got neons"

·
Registered
126 Posts
Greeny said:
amser said:
Those Bi-Xenon lights look ace!

They're wicked!

They're self leveling - when you fire up the engine they automatically take into accout the weight & set themselves at the right height, & swivel when you go round corners, my hubbie say's it's so you can see round corners, but not too sure if I'm going for that, but the best bit........ when you clean the windscreen a little arm pops out & jets them clean!

I'm even "cool" with my teenage son "cos you got neons"

I didn't know the Kuga's Bi-Xenon lights had neon's, I have seen a see C-max that had Xenon lights with a neon strip at the top for the side light. Is it similar if not what do they look like

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I think it should have read 'xenons' not neons. The sidelights are a bit disappointing, compared to the rest of the headlamp design and the current Audi fashion. They are the small triangular shaped lenses just on the inboard corner of the lamp unit. They look a bit dim and yellow compared to the xenons, so I just ordered some bright white LED replacements on eBay, I hope they will match the xenon lights colour.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yeah I have seen a few cars with the nice white Xenon head lamps looking real cool just to have the hole effect spoiled by the yellow side lights.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Keeps us informed about the led's, as if it looks good I might do the same

·
Registered
126 Posts
quatroxquatro said:
I think it should have read 'xenons' not neons. The sidelights are a bit disappointing, compared to the rest of the headlamp design and the current Audi fashion. They are the small triangular shaped lenses just on the inboard corner of the lamp unit. They look a bit dim and yellow compared to the xenons, so I just ordered some bright white LED replacements on eBay, I hope they will match the xenon lights colour.

How did the LED's go as I also got some from eBay but at 11mm wide they was to big and didn't fit. If you did get them to fit what type are they as there is so many differant types for sale on eBay

·
Registered
58 Posts
essex boy see my pics on this forum under modifications i am in the process of changing all my bulbs to LED nad the ones on the front look the muts nuts!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts