Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well initial ownership of the Kuga is proving a little frustrating to say the least....

I was due to pick mine up yesterday morning but got a call from the delaer late Thursday night to say that all Kuga's are on hold and cannot be released to customers. Ford are not allowing the cars to be released as they have found something wrong with a filter in the exhaust system that can cause the car to drop into a half power or limp mode.

The dealer has never known cars to be held so it must be serious, they have been on the phone to Ford who are checking batch numbers etc. to find out which cars have the problems, but will not give a date on when mine can be released.

To add insult to injury, the V5 turned up this morning and the dealer has a shiny new Zetec, with number plates and tax sat on his forecourt that I cannot drive. I have to change my insurance back to my Zafira (which the dealer is paying for) and the next chance I will get to pick up the car is next weekend as I am away this week on business.

First time I have bought a Ford since a Mk1 Fiesta I had in the 80's, hope this is not a taste of what Ford ownership is all about....

Will post any info on the release of the car as the dealer updates me...

cheers

Cornish

·
Registered
10 Posts
That has got to be frustrating!!!

With the exeption of my current Golf, I have been in fords for the last 8 years and have not had anyreal issues with them.

Although its a pain for you right now, Its better that they hold the Kugas back and get it sorted before release, than let them out and have owners moaning about faulty sensors leaving them stranded.

Its sods law that you will get a call Monday morning saying that yours isnt affected, and it has to sit there all week

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi, just been called by my dealer and been told that although my towbar is being fitted tomorrow, Ford are not allowing the release of any Kuga's until the DPF mod arrives and has been fitted. They have also suspended all test drives until their own demo car is updated.

Frustrating but at least Ford have been up-front and are being proactive.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks guys just joined he Kuga Owners Club to find out whats happening.

Bought my Kuga Titanium Sun 31st with a view to collecting this Fri. Got a call from main dealer Mon 1st saying cant deliver due to 'Technical Problem' but wouldn't elaborate.
So now I assume it's the same problem cornish refers to. Thanks again
Tony

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone got an update - sat in sunny Barcelona so no real thoughts of Kuga delivery but wondered before I phone the Stealer.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi again, just called Ford Relationship and pressed them with referring to the Office of the Chairman and they won't commit to a date but have indicated that they are looking at about 2 weeks before they get the parts out to the dealerships. Have spoken with the Dealer who have confirmed that they will honor the trade-in price even though I have some high mileage trips coming up over the next two weeks.

How very frustrating this is. I am so envious of you guys who already have yours...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what about the finance agreement, I signed mine based on the fact I was going to pick up end May, if I am not going to get it for two weeks - why should I be paying....

·
Registered
50 Posts
also cornish it is sat at the dealer with road tax that you have payed for and not using

would be asking for some money back on that too

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well I managed to pick the car up today (first chance this week), it has been ready since Tuesday eveneing....

first impressions are very good, nice to drive, quiet (on 18" wheels) and everything I wanted...

The last few weeks have been stressful to say the least, my 36000 mile Zafira died a week ago and was in the dealer for a little over a week, got it back and they decided to use the original gasket on a DPF filter. Car full of fumes, me almost vomiting and 24hours later car traded and Kuga picked up.

The only advice I have is as follows......

If you own or know someone who owns a new shape Zafira - tell them to burn it or trade it now as it will fall apart - worst car I have ever owned....

Kuga is cool though and worth the wait.

Dealer paid the tax, insurane admin fee, mats, changed finance date and threw in the first service - happy bunny!!!

Will post some first impressions after first road trip tomorrow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts