Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Kuga 2.0tdci 150 FWD (frozen white)
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9F66EC16-E9B3-4C2A-BBE7-EC1619B1AFB6.jpeg

·
Registered
2019 2.0 180 ST Line edition auto 4x4 Chrome Blue Addaptive cruise Heated steering Full Sunroof
42 Posts
Well, not too long in Essex!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
Get a bit of corrosion under them and they may stick. Happened on Ford fitted metal caps on the Mondeo around 2009 with TPMS and it was a new valve requierd ect. At owners cost of course.

Anyone else remember that? May have occured in other Ford models too.

·
Registered
553 Posts
A friend of mine had them on his fiesta black and they were stuck solid and could not get them off for ages,,not sure how he got them off.when he did get them off he bined them and went back to the plastic ones.

Ross

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not got those on mine ...... But I had a set on my previous Land Rover for quite a few years without any issues ??

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
Yes well Ford used aluminium caps on brass valve stems, magic mix in salty environment. What were they thinking, ah that vague experience.

Reactions: Martin1977

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yes well Ford used aluminium caps on brass valve stems, magic mix in salty environment. What were they thinking, ah that vague experience.
exactly that.. Galvanic corrosion... If youre keen to retain the metal caps, I'd smear it up with silicone grease which will help, you'll still get rapid degradation of the metal (cap) however.

·
Registered
247 Posts
As a freebie when I purchased my previous motor, Land Rover sent a set of metal caps in a fancy box with a welcome letter. I never fitted mine but a few months later loads of folk on the Disco forum couldn’t remove them and were chasing JLR to pay for them to be removed free at the dealers.

Reactions: Fillco

·
Registered
2016 Mk2 Titanium 180 4x4
47 Posts
I fitted some to an Insignia and as mentioned they seized on, damaged the threads on the pressure sensing valves, sold the car soon after

1 - 9 of 9 Posts