Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
2020 Ford Kuga ST-Line X 1st edition 1.5 Petrol
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my wireless charger seems very slow is this normal?
2020 Kuga ST-Line X 1st edition.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus.

Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
Yes mines slow too charges quicker in the wife鈥檚 Kia Sportage GTline ....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes mines slow too charges quicker in the wife鈥檚 Kia Sportage GTline ....
Shocking really should be a fast charger for the price of this car!

Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
1hour 40 minutes drive and from flat only charged phone to 40%

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1hour 40 minutes drive and from flat only charged phone to 40%
Shockingly SLOW!!!
Surely thus car deserves a fast wireless charger!!

Super Moderator
It is what it is. A fast charger may have cost 拢1.00 more and would have been manufacturer specific so the accountant's computer said NO. Get used to 'corner cutting'. Some more enlightened manufacturers provide wireless charging plates in different 'flavours' to accommodates specific manufacturers. Ford do not.

Registered
Please note that there is no single "fast-charging" technology, each company (such as Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi etc) has its own protocol. So I'm guessing that the in-car wireless charger defaults to the Qi standard and its nominal charging rate, which admittedly is much, much slower than Samsung's own fast-charger.

Reactions: gotj

Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
The world of today.......our phones are priority and must always be ready, 馃槙

Reactions: Stupot

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Has anyone tried to change their wireless charger? could it be changed for a fast charger?

Registered
Gangnam 8 Speed Auto.
I put my Galaxy A21S on the wireless charging pad and nothing happens,does the pad have to be activated ? or is it automatic detection ? the phone is fast charging Qi equipped.

I notice that the phone does not sit fully flat down on the mat,due to the phones camera being slightly raised above the rear of the phone.

Registered
The wireless charger is now a 拢150 option on the whole line

Registered
Kuga 2021 ST-Line X PHEV Magnetic
The wireless changing just works. I've charged iPhones and OnePlus android phones on it. If you remove the rubber cover from the charging area can you see the wireless pad underneath?

Registered
Kuga 2021 ST-Line X PHEV Magnetic
Hahahaha, didn't even think that the phone wouldn't have it.

Registered
Got a 70 plate Kuga Titanium. Wife has iPhone 12. When we brought the car wirelss charging worked fine, 6/7 months later just stopped working. Any Ideas?

Registered
Got a 70 plate Kuga Titanium. Wife has iPhone 12. When we brought the car wirelss charging worked fine, 6/7 months later just stopped working. Any Ideas?
are you able to try another phone or have you tried restarting the phone - i now my iPhone stops wireless charging and a restart normally does it

Registered
are you able to try another phone or have you tried restarting the phone - i now my iPhone stops wireless charging and a restart normally does it
thanks for replying. Yeah i have tried another phone and still no joy. Both work on other wireless charging docks. I havent tried to restart the phone though. By 'restart' do you mean just turn on and off?

Registered
thanks for replying. Yeah i have tried another phone and still no joy. Both work on other wireless charging docks. I havent tried to restart the phone though. By 'restart' do you mean just turn on and off?
hold side button down and power off

Registered
hold side button down and power off
okay thanks i'll try that. I've even reset Sync in the car itself and that didnt work. I've contacted Ford and they just said take it in for them to have a look.
Sync says its all up to date, cant understand why it all of a sudden stopped working.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts