Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all .. firstly great info on hard wire dashcam .. if i remove fuse 85 will it affect anything whilst it is out ?? or will it be ok just to take out and use piggyback holder then plug straight back in ??

thanks

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Just to add a little more to the thread regarding the Nextbase 512GW now with a rear view camera available as an extra. I have had this set up fitted for a few months now and can thoroughly recommend it. Images very clear from both cameras and if required the rear camera can be used as a reversing camera if one is not already fitted.........( just hope post is not looked upon as advertising as some members might think )

·
Registered
16 Posts
I took the advice from this post and successfully hard wired my dashcam last night, so thanks. F85 Ignite switch is the one to go for. Piggy back. Great!

·
Super Moderator
1,791 Posts
The new NextBase models have now been launched and you can add a rear view, interior wide angle or rear window camera as standard.

The new models are the 322, 422 and 522

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have tried removing my glovebox not like other fords, how do you get to F85 its a long way up behind glovebox. 2016 Kuga

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
No need to remove glovebox, just ease the carpet down, squeeze into the footwell ( recommend using a torch and specs if needed as well) and fuse is accessible

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have the 522 front and back cameras, wired them in really easily following the great advice given on here. The only awkward bit was getting the cable thro the flexy rubber between the roof area and tailgate but a long cable tie pushed thro and then the cable taped to it and pulled back thro. The only visible cables are the short lengths from the trim around the windscreen down to the camera mount.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hard wired a dash cam, using fuse F85, however since installed the seat heaters do not work.
The fuse spur fits the fuses on the top when fitted, ie the fuses point down in the unit.
The spur is fitted with the wire coming out of it facing to the left.
Does it matter which order the fuses fit into the spur?
The only place I could find to earth was the bracket the fuses box cover is fitted to.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
As already stated by others the fusebox is the one under the glove box. I believe you are looking at the wrong fusebox. Photo attached showing layout of the correct box. Hope this assists..
1590243623205.png

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I want to do this Iv looked at a pic of my 2012 fuse box on here and the fuses start at 100 where do I find 85 or have I got this all wrong.
If you’re a Kuga is 2012 then it’s a Mk 1 and you do not have the same fusebox when F85 is used as it is the 2013 onward model, in that case use a ignition switched circuit to piggy back like F131 rear wiper. Your piggy back fuse for camera would be fitted in the correct position when supplied so fit the fusebox fuse into the spare port
Put a signature on your profile showing what year and model you have then the forum knows for future queries etc, like this,
Click on avatar top right of screen “ probably a S in your case

Scroll down to “account settings”

Click on “your account”at top of screen

Left hand side click on “signature”

Compose your signature in box and hit save

You’re Done

Hope that helps
Ronnie

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have tried removing my glovebox not like other fords, how do you get to F85 its a long way up behind glovebox. 2016 Kuga
Although it's not essential to remove the glovebox, it's much easier if you do, (I always do if I'm doing anything with the fuse box) There's only 3 torx screws that hold it in, but you also need to remove the plastic side trim to get the glovebox out. Open the glovebox and get your fingers on the trim, pull it towards the door.

Hard wired a dash cam, using fuse F85, however since installed the seat heaters do not work.
The fuse spur fits the fuses on the top when fitted, ie the fuses point down in the unit.
The spur is fitted with the wire coming out of it facing to the left.
Does it matter which order the fuses fit into the spur?
The only place I could find to earth was the bracket the fuses box cover is fitted to.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
As you look at the fuse tap with the blades to the left, the fuse on the right above the wire that spurs off is for that wire, the other fuse on the left is the original fuse that you've removed from the car to insert the fuse tap.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts