Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks ˜�

I have ordered the nextbase hard wire kit and have a new aukey front and rear camera. I'll have a go at fitting it over the weekend.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
The Ring wiring kits I have seen still incorporate a cumbersome accessory socket, whereas Nextbase kit wires directly into camera Usb socket, much neater, and can be picked up for less than a tennerEdited by: phoneman

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
All my wires are his behind the glovebox. Looks rather neat. Unless you knew there was a dash cam there you couldn't really tell. My cigarette lighter socket that is hidden has 2 usb ports to allow another connection to start up with the ignition would come din rather useful compared to the single nextbase configuration

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
StanimalHD said:
I read that too but I can only assume that it's something to do with when the ignition is turned off it turns the seats off?
The fuse probably supplies the ignition relays in the boot where there are several ignition powered up circuits, heated seats being one of them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Glad we got sorted in the end

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Danny
The A pillar trim will unclip easily if you have some trim removal tools, a little stiff but it does come off, once off you will see there is plenty of room to run your cable down to glovebox area, Start at glovebox fuse box ( below glovebox ,carpet held in place by 2 push on clips, pull them down and drop carpet to reveal fuse box)and pull rubber door trim away from the joint that is visible at approx glove box level, The fiddly bit is getting dashcam cable (micro usb end first) from glovebox fuse box , behind bottom kick panel without removing it but it can be done as the gap is not that big ( I used a long cable tie as a draw wire and pull thru enough cable to reach camera) run the cam cable in gap behind rubber trim up to A pillar then headlining , tuck in to headlining along top of screen being careful not to crease lining while doing it.

Edited by: phoneman

·
Registered
47 Posts
phoneman said:
Danny
The A pillar trim will unclip easily if you have some trim removal tools, a little stiff but it does come off, once off you will see there is plenty of room to run your cable down to glovebox area, Start at glovebox fuse box ( below glovebox ,carpet held in place by 2 push on clips, pull them down and drop carpet to reveal fuse box)and pull rubber door trim away from the joint that is visible at approx glove box level, The fiddly bit is getting dashcam cable (micro usb end first) from glovebox fuse box , behind bottom kick panel without removing it but it can be done as the gap is not that big ( I used a long cable tie as a draw wire and pull thru enough cable to reach camera) run the cam cable in gap behind rubber trim up to A pillar then headlining , tuck in to headlining along top of screen being careful not to crease lining while doing it.
Perfect. This info is exactly what I was hoping for. I have been looking at the trim and looking how I can get the power cable up and the cable from the front camera to the back one.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Cables are easily pushed under the carpet side trim.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
I used one of the screws actually holding the glove box in place with with an appropriate crimp terminal, which works for me, but others are not sure its a good negative so they have used one revealed under the door trim at the lower LH side of the glove box.

·
Registered
350 Posts
If anyone has the Nextbase 512GW dash cam you might be interested to know that the long awaited rear camera, the 512GWRC, is now available direct from Nextbase for £49.99. Not in the shops yet. It isn't compatible with any other dash cam model as only the 512GW has a rear camera connection socket.

<a href="https://www.nextbase.co.uk/512gwrc/" target="_blank">https://www.nextbase.co.uk/512gwrc/
</a>

It is very small and comes with 6 metres of cable to connect direct with the front dash cam. No extra power supply or SD card required as it is powered by the front camera and shares the SD card. You just need to route the cable from the front camera to the rear under the edge of the roof lining. I have also managed to feed the cable through the tailgate rubber wiring gaiter to the rear window.

Edited by: BazKuga

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am surprised and disappointed that forum members are allowed to add advertisements as a reply to a query. I object to receiving emails about a reply only to find it is an advertisement and not helpful at all. Are there no rules again st this on the forum? Fortunately, I have found a suitable bolt to which I have fastened the earth wire. So thanks to the first reply for getting back to me and no thanks to the latter two.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I've never had any advertisements pop up in any of the Kuga forums.How do you think members are adding advertisements to their posts?

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
You bet me to this Oz, unless its the link in BazKuga's post, which I thought was being helpful.

Edited by: Fillco

·
Registered
350 Posts
Oxford said:
I am surprised and disappointed that forum members are allowed to add advertisements as a reply to a query. I object to receiving emails about a reply only to find it is an advertisement and not helpful at all. Are there no rules again st this on the forum? Fortunately, I have found a suitable bolt to which I have fastened the earth wire. So thanks to the first reply for getting back to me and no thanks to the latter two.
I'm sorry, I thought this was a long running thread about hard wired dash cams, not exclusive to your question which was answered long before my post. Will you be berating the earlier post on here naming Nextbase?

·
Super Moderator
1,791 Posts
BazKuga said:
Oxford said:
I'm sorry, I thought this was a long running thread about hard wired dash cams, not exclusive to your question which was answered long before my post. Will you be berating the earlier post on here naming Nextbase?
I found your post both useful and helpful, you were not posting an 'ad' but useful information.

Had 'Oxford' bothered to use the forum search he would have found the answer he needed and obviated the need for his critical post.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
To be fair the forum search needs bit of use to get used its idiosyncrasies though works well once you know, but a new member may have just looked at the inclusion the wrong way. Plus this is an active thread on DASHCAMS at the front of the forum.

Edited by: Fillco

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Oxford said:
I assume I'm somehow included in the chastised "latter two" (for posting a safety warning regarding hard wiring a rear camera along the roof lining.)

This thread has multiple different questions/ conversations. It isn't all about you. Disable Emails from the forum if they upset you.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts