Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed that when you lift the wipers up from the windscreen in order to wash the car there is very little clearance and infact the metal of the wipers actually scrapes the bonnet on the edge. Not complaining, because i love the car, however, just wondered if anyone had noticed this.
If not carefulwhen lifting them up they may scratch the back end of the bonnet.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi Vickandlizzy,
Yep it annoys me too. I have not tried it, but suspect that if with the ignition on, you were to start the wipers working, and then turn off the ignition when the wipers are vertical, it should enable them to be lifted to clean more easely.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi VickAndizzy
Win-doc is correct, I seem to remember this is mentioned in the handbook about wipers and changing them and that you need to switch them on and let them move up the windscreen then switch off.

You'll recognise my Kuga as it has a dirty windscreen under the blades.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both. Churchill, we are you from, I am from Hull with virtually the same spec car and colour as you and sure i have seen you in those parts recently. Sorry, live in Coventry now, but have family in Hull, my hometown and spend a lot of time up there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi VickAndIzzy
I live just outside of Hull towards the coast but work in Hull.

Looks like you've got a good taste in car choices

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi Churchill

I also live not too far from Hull and my Kuga is also a Sea Grey Titanium, so I might see you on the road from time to time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Springhead

I'll keep an eye out for you.
There's not too many around here at the moment - but I'm always looking out

Cheers
Churchill

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Springhead,

We have good taste, i am from Hull with sea grey titanium. Might see you and Churchill around, please flash or wave if you do !!

Waved at another sea grey owner the other day in Coventry, the woman driver just blanked me, gave me a mucky look and sped off, quite rude i thought. I also felt a little daft afterwards. Us Kuga owners should be sticking together !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts