Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,890 Posts
I’ve had the same issue…this is what I did.

1. take a cloth and spray with WD 40 and wipe the whole rubber blade. I know they are new but it can help.
2. An old timers trick here…get a page of a news paper and scrunch up and give the screen a real good rub over.

Worked for me but always, not for everyone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve had the same issue…this is what I did.

1. take a cloth and spray with WD 40 and wipe the whole rubber blade. I know they are new but it can help.
2. An old timers trick here…get a page of a news paper and scrunch up and give the screen a real good rub over.

Worked for me but always, not for everyone.
It was happening with the old blades too. That's why I replaced them. Strange they only judder at the top stroke. Confused.Com

·
Super Moderator
5,890 Posts
The gang will be along as they start to fall in from the pub or swimming pool…let’s see what words of wisdom they can offer.

·
I am Batman!
Kuga ST - Manual 6 Speed - 200PS+ Petrol.
783 Posts
How about giving the screen a good clean and waxing especially near the top...

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,664 Posts
Sounds like your screen has something on it, like a film of grease or tree residue - try properly cleaning the entire screen.

·
Registered
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
4,507 Posts
Had exactly the same problem on my 2017 ST Line with drivers side wiper, turned out it was the wiper arm at fault, dealer fitted new arm under warranty and wipers were smooth

Reactions: Phil Doggo

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182HP 400Nm (T8MA) MMT6
1,119 Posts
If it still judder it might be faulty wiper arm or motor.

Reactions: Phil Doggo

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,664 Posts
Had exactly the same problem on my 2017 ST Line with drivers side wiper, turned out it was the wiper arm at fault, dealer fitted new arm under warranty and wipers were smooth
Sounds more likely this Ronnie, as the blades have just been changed!

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182HP 400Nm (T8MA) MMT6
1,119 Posts
Buffing windshield with cerium oxide or glass polish products will make is smoother.

·
Registered
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
4,507 Posts
Same car, but it's both sides at the edge of the screen
Probably both arms at fault, at the time, dealer told me they had changed a few Kugas and Mondeos, wipe was fine until reaching top of sweep, They didnt even fit new blades, they said it was the arms straight away and turned out to be right

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Probably both arms at fault, at the time, dealer told me they had changed a few Kugas and Mondeos, wipe was fine until reaching top of sweep, They didnt even fit new blades, they said it was the arms straight away and turned out to be right
Thank you, it's still under warranty so I'll speak to the dealer I got it from 👍

1 - 16 of 16 Posts