Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2019 2.0 180 ST Line edition auto 4x4 Chrome Blue Addaptive cruise Heated steering Full Sunroof
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting a set of winter wheels and tyres as a set and was wondering if it causes a problem if they have not got the TPM valves fitted. Does this cause a constant alarm in the car.

·
Registered
2019 2.0 180 ST Line edition auto 4x4 Chrome Blue Addaptive cruise Heated steering Full Sunroof
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
65 plate . Zetec . Powershift 4x4 .
71 Posts
youll get a dash warning light most likely and thats it, make sure the mot is not due before swapping them over.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
So 30055 miles and the Continentals are too close to keep on.

So popped into the local tyre shop and was going to have 4 Pirelli Scorpion Verde fitted but as I was chatting to the assistant, I saw the Michelin Cross Climates. Liked them so had them fitted instead.

The ride seems more lush, the tyre noise seems a tad quieter and the steering seems, so much more positive and sharp. Just need some snow! They have the three peak snow symbol as well.
47F5B7BA-F12B-4A87-9E42-4969099A117B.png
97A79994-FA41-4C09-AB21-FCE91CC3278F.jpeg

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
"Lush", an interesting descriptor! :) Did you have the ContiSportContact 5 or ProContact?

You may find they get noisy as they wear- directional tyres can tend to do that. It also limits your rotation options (unless you get them remounted the other way on the wheels.)

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
The Ride doesn’t seem as harsh.
The load rating has been increased from V to H.
As to the Contis, I think there the SUV 5.
They will never be as loud as the 20” wheels I had on a Q 5 some years ago.

Yes they are directional, so if and when it comes to that it will be a simple from front to back swop instead of the recommended diagonal change.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Oops to Y. Soz.

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
So you've gone and done it (again) Phill.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Morning Sire.

Yes indeed. Watched lots of videos to make sure and realised It was the right way to go. Time will see and the Kuga is here to stay.....just the dreaded service to do in a month or so. Luckily the tyre shop, who also do brake pads, checked my brakes and said there were half worn, so I’m happy with that.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
"Lush", an interesting descriptor! :)
Lush meaning according to the Cambridge dictionary. You may have a different meaning in your equivalent Australian version:

Quote:

very attractive to look at, taste, smell, etc

UK informal
good or, of a person, attractive:

lush
noun - slang

a person who regularly drinks too much alcohol:

No comment regarding the last description but I did always think lush was someone who drinks too much but yet again with our language there is often more than one meaning. At least on this occasion there is only one spelling.

We do have a shopping chain called LUSH which sells bath bombs, soaps, etc so not sure what their meaning of the word lush is.

·
Registered
673 Posts
@Psshaw,,,same tyres as I have got,,and Welcome back.

Ross

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Maybe it’s a local term for meaning, nice, luxurious, more pleasant.

For bonfire night (as kids) we called it “chubbing” when we for tree branches for the bonfire. The wife called it “chumping “, she was born 5 miles from me.

Anyway, it’s nicer.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Back to shuffling (lush or un lush tyres) that are directional. My observations from the Goodyear version

1: keep a close eye on fronts as the herring bone pattern can soon show steering mis alignment. (ticked that box)

2: Don't keep them on too long on the back, the castor angle of the rear wears the inside, you cant really tell unless you take the wheel off. (ticked that box as well!)

I have shuffled them twice front to rear & 30,000 miles in. The inner shoulders are wearing first due to 1&2, when when worn to excess in that area I think the whole tyre won't be far off end of life.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Cheers mad skiier. I have viewed on YouTube etc people mentioning about the tread wear and the rear castor angle is definitely something you can view when you squat down.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Ross J, thanks. How do you find the tyres perform?.
The positives far out - way the neg reviews.

Anyway, I’ve Ben uming and rrring for many autumnal and winter seasons on what to do, so it’s all sorted now for better or worse.

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
Well it wont be worse Phill.

Did you need to replace the tyres anyway so you didnt have to tell the missus anyway :)

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Well, I had done a front to rear swop last year and the wear pattern was odd. It was more worn in certain places. Once I put them on the rear, they seemed to really wear quickly.

The fronts could have gone longer but the Virus had meant that the tyre fund was good, so there wasn’t an issue. Plus and it’s a big plus, I had promised myself a change when we came out of the darkness and had been looking and you may have noted some posts on the new model. However the Vignale just ticks all those boxes and the three day run and mpg return sealed the deal to keep. So four new boots for the extremely snowy winter we are going to have around Christmas (according to Piers Corbyn) on Good Morning Britain.

Could be cussing of course next summer when there’s no tread on them, because there too soft. If you believe the marketing of Michelin, then the bees will have no knees, cos the tyres are them.

The “boss” was on board, as she likes a laugh when I’m telling sync to play a song and it does something really random.

·
Super Moderator
657 Posts
"Lush" has entered everyday English from South Wales dialect to give the "tasty/nice etc" ....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts