Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi there, and welcome to the UK Kuga Owners Club!

You chose Continental winter tyres? I can't quite make out where you are from (my eyes are not so good!) on the registration, but I guess Scandinavia?

I have to go looking for snow, living in Barcelona, the snow doen't usually find me
but when in the ski season I need winter tyres too. I'm interested in your choice.

Regards, qxq.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hi,
Ordered myself some winter tyres yesterday, KUMHO ZW23 235/60R16 tyres on some steel wheels for the winter months.

Not cheap I tell you, butthey will save my 19"er's from pitting when the ICE and snow comes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Win-doc,

Very pleased with them, it was a bit of internet research and messing about. The tyres were from Black circles, the rims "wheel heaven", cost £700 fitted and delivered. it's not put a foot wrong since fitted!

Bront

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ford Norway fits the ContiVikingContact„¢ 3 as standard wintertyres for the KUga. Good tires indeed. Also check out Nokian Hakka & Michelin X-Ice for good wintertyres. These are the best tires for the nordic winter atleast. 

Best Regards!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,

Looking to buy some winter tyres for the Kuga who will arrive in two weeks i'm wondering in what size i'ld take them...

I see that you guys also ordered the 235/60R16 but can't see if you Ovemy putted on 17"?

In the Ford catalogue 17" is 235/55 but it has the same 235/55 in 18"?

Looking forward to see what you guys has chosen as winter tyres

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
That's correct BG.

And here there are some genuine Ford steel wheels in 17" size, that you may want to mount the winter tyres on:

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/kuga_17_steel_wheel_2389.htm

They ship worldwidebut compare prices in Belgium as well before ordering!

I am using the standard fit Hankook Dynapro HP on 17" alloys, they are fine for the general conditions we get here in Spain.

All the best, qxq

·
Registered
755 Posts
Second the Hankook's, mine have performed well, even in 6 inches of snow we had not long ago

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks Geord!

It seems difficult here in Belgium to find any available tyre size...

Even on the reifen-online.de website you can't find one possible brand in 17"!

Maybe I better search in 16".

18 seems to big and i prefer to lower the width than to take larger tyres.

·
Registered
7 Posts
quatroxquatro said:
And here there are some genuine Ford steel wheels in 17" size, that you may want to mount the winter tyres on:

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/kuga_17_steel_wheel_2389.htm

They ship worldwidebut compare prices in Belgium as well before ordering!

All the best, qxq
Thx hombre

We've ordered the Kuga with the 17" wheels but the dealer will buy the tyres back. So I wanted to put on the winter tyres before even drive out of the garage.

I've found a set in the Netherlands with stil 7mm on. I'll give it a try otherwise.

The most of the winter tyres are taken by the Germans and the Austrians so if there are no more tyres on reifen online i don't think I can find any others...

Thx for the webiste, i can look out for other parts now ;)

There is a BMW online parts (with blueprints) and I wonder if there is any webiste for the Ford parts....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts