Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an AWD titanium and since I bought this in March, I find when using the washers the spray from the jets only manages to cover about the first 6 inches of the screen. Went in for a check to dealers who advised the jets were difficult to adjust, but assured me that they 'had done their best, but there was little adjustment and found it fiddly to alter'. No difference when I got the car back! The garage assures me ther is no more adjustment! However, if you spray the windsvreen when standing still, the water goes over the top of the car! what's going on here? I can only assume the spray is so fine the onward wind pressure must push the spray down. **** frustrating when you have a mucky road and cannot clean the drivers side to see where you are going. Is it just my car?

·
Registered
439 Posts
mine are the same, I managed to adjust them very slightly but when you're drivingthey are exactly the same!! stationary they work great after the adjustmentbut otherwise still the same. The ones that were on my mondeo worked great, as the car behind me often found out!! lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mines the same too, not tried to adjust them yet, just got use to spraying more water. Perhapsthewasher level indicator is a good idea after all!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, pleased to know it may be a 'design' concern.
Certainly with my Focus Ghia, I had no problem. If we don't have a low level warning light, spraying loads of water is not getting to where it is needed. Anyway who looks at a small red illuminated "i" on the dash when you are driving in bad conditions? Thanksfully haven't had the nerve to go off-road yet so even more reason to keep it pristine on good old blighty roads! Thank goodness for our typical summer weather - more rain to come!

·
Registered
115 Posts
The rain saves me washing mine, at least till the sunshine comes out. I might get the dealer to have a look when it's in next.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also purchase my Kuga Titanium in March 2009 and complained to my dealer SMC Gravesend that the washers only came up the screen a few inches whilst the vehicle was moving. The service manahge showed me a bulletin that Ford had issues saying they where aware of the problem. Several month have now passed and the weather is getting worse so I phoned Ford GB to find out if a mod had been issued. They say they where not aware of the problem and they would contact the dealer. Well to cut a long tale short the Kuga went in and they fitted a set of washer jets from a new 2009 model under warranty. These give two jets each side unlike the original ones that gave a spray pattern. These work perfectly so get into your dealer and get them to change them for you under warranty.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello all, Same problem here 58 plate, Kuga Titanium. Has been into the garage, and depsite their best efforts, it still only sprays the first six inches of the windscreen..

·
Registered
982 Posts
On the demo car I drove, the washer jets covered the whole screen - used when I was driving. My current Ford has a dual jets system and is more than adequate. To adjust I use a needle. Can method be used on the Kuga?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just had the Kuga serviced at Heartlands Ford. They have booked the Kuga in for new washer jets!

·
Registered
94 Posts
logic700 said:
I also purchase my Kuga Titanium in March 2009 and complained to my dealer SMC Gravesend that the washers only came up the screen a few inches whilst the vehicle was moving. The service manahge showed me a bulletin that Ford had issues saying they where aware of the problem. Several month have now passed and the weather is getting worse so I phoned Ford GB to find out if a mod had been issued. They say they where not aware of the problem and they would contact the dealer. Well to cut a long tale short the Kuga went in and they fitted a set of washer jets from a new 2009 model under warranty. These give two jets each side unlike the original ones that gave a spray pattern. These work perfectly so get into your dealer and get them to change them for you under warranty.

hi logic can you get the part numbers of the parts fitted as the dealers in my area dont no any thing about this mod jets. also who and where is the dealer you got to do this for you. thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi aaman,

Your name sugests you may be a man in a yellow van ?

The jets where fitted at SMC Gravesend (Kent),I dont have a record of the part numbers as they where done under warranty therefore I did not get a recipt. The jets where from a 2009 Kuga they fit in the same way as the early jets they just have two water streams instead of the fan style fitted to the early models. This fix is not listed as a modby Ford as yet.

The car went into the workshop ,the fitter then collected the jets from the parts dept, fitted and adjusted all done in 15 minutes so they must be easy to fit. May be worth buying them and doing it your self. If you have no luck with your dealer put up a post and I will ring my dealer for the part numbers.

Regards

Logic 700

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Must agree with you. My previous one built Nov 08 had the spray type which were not that good. The new one built Dec 09 has the newer type you mention, and they are much better.
Bruce.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts