Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a waning light on the Kuga that comes on when the washer reservoir is getting low?
This week my washer bottle ran out for the first time, whilst driving on the M40 with tons of salty spray splashing up! I made it to my destination but was not pleased that I received no warning of low fluid.

I can't see any mention in the manual, but I must be honest and admit I haven't looked hard.

Has anyone come across this or does everyone check their washer bottle regularly?

·
Registered
130 Posts
There are other threads on this and it seems some cars do have it and others do not. Mine was in for it's 12.5k service and they dismantled it and unfortunately my car is one of the ones that does not. It seems if the car has Xenon's then it also gets the washer warning message.

Like you I find this very annoying and would gladly swap those stupid LED floodlights in the courtesy lamp that shines down on the centre console. What use is that and probably doesn't cost any more than washer warning.

·
Registered
106 Posts
im am currently in discussion woth my dealer about this subject, who are currently meant to be talking to ford to find out why some cars do not have them. as my hand book states there should be a warning message and does not state only xenon headlights this makes up part of the contractoral agreement with the dealer and thus could come under the sales of goods act or trade discriptions act, but i am going to insist either the dealer or ford fits this warning system at no cost to me quoting these two laws..... i will keep people updated on this subject

·
Registered
69 Posts
kuga user said:
as my hand book states there should be a warning message...
Yeah, my handbook states that my fuel filler cap locks with the rest of the central locking too... but that's a load of betty-swollocks too...

I haven't used my washers enough to see if mine comes up with a message yet...I hope it does as I do have the Xenons...
Edited by: zetec

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info - how crazy not to have a warning light or message on every kuga.

Please do let us know how you get on with Ford, kuga user.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for the info Kuga OwnerI will be taking his matter up with my Ford dealer too.

I cannot understand why such a high profile, expensive car does not have this basic function, evenmy oldV reg base Focus had this.

I have had a good look through the manual it it appears that it should be there. I bet there is some small print somewhere.......

·
Registered
106 Posts
just a quick update on the on going problem....my dealer informed me ford does not fit warning light to any of its new models....so i would be very interested to hear from kuga owners who have the washer bottle warning light when the purchased their car and when they picked it up.....for me this matter is still on going with quite a few parties....but dont bother with ford customer care they are as much use as a chocolate fire guard and thats if they ever bother to get back to you...although the person im dealing with at the moment is good.......i will keep you all updated to whats going on

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hi,

My Kuga lets me know when the washer bottle is nearing empty buts it not a warning light just a message on the information display saying you need to get some water in here you plank..lol.

It's just as well because the headlight washers are thirdty beggers!

·
Registered
34 Posts
BigGeord said:
Hi,

My Kuga lets me know when the washer bottle is nearing empty buts it not a warning light just a message on the information display saying you need to get some water in here you plank..lol.

It's just as well because the headlight washers are thirdty beggers!

Do you have xenon headlights fitted?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have Xenon's fitted, and get this message. I will say one thing about it though - you seem toget the message even if there is about 2 litres of water still in the bottle.

Out of interest - I got mine on the 17th of December

·
Registered
106 Posts
i dont have xenon headlights....but it says nothing in the hand book that you should have them to have the warning light....and as ford technical have stated they dont fit them to any new models....which is a joke when the other chap bought his in december...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've got a Titanium, with xenons & I get the little "i" light lit up orange, when anything is about to go wrong/runout!
You then have to carry on regardless untill the orange "i" light tyrns red& thena message tells you whats wrong on the main display!

Not the best way of informing me of a problem!

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you want to see the message when the amber 'i' is lit, then the vehicle has to be stationary, and then if you go into then trip menu there is a 'Messages' option which will tell you 'Washer Fluid Level Low' or something like thatEdited by: Konan

·
Registered
74 Posts
Konan said:
If you want to see the message when the amber 'i' is lit, then the vehicle has to be stationary, and then if you go into then trip menu there is a 'Messages' option which will tell you 'Washer Fluid Level Low' or something like that

Wow!!! u live & learn

Thanks for that I'll try it next time!

Had the Kuga 6 months now & still getting the manual out at least once a week to check something or another!

·
Registered
77 Posts
My washer bottle has just emptied for the first time, No orange warning light, but I didn't check the messages. I have a Titanium but not Xenons.

Seems like this feature is only included when you have the headlight washer??

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi. Have a titanium with Xenons (don't think it has headlamp washers); had since mid Oct. The 'i' information light came on - co-incidental with the freeze. Wondered what it was. When stationary flicked thru the information on the dash and it has a bit 'warning light' or somesuch - this said washer fluid low. So I filled it up - it drank a lot. I also tried just opening the bonnet with the key without opening the car - so that's what the alarm sounds like! Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
I asked my dealer about this problem as well. I would have thought that my Titanium model would have come with them. Depending who you speak to at the local dealer, yes they should have a warning light, only certain models have it or no they never have had a warning light.
After numerous calls to customer services, then Ford Tecnical and then to the Marketing department I have managed to find the truth.

The Kuga does have a low liquid light but only if you took up the option of xenon headlights. Something to do with headlight washers and damaging them (you must get the washers with the headlight upgrade).

I said that the Kuga handbook did not indicate that this was an optional extra and I was told that the handbook is only meant to be used as a guide. It's not a 'bible' on what is on or not on the car. I told them that this was a load of rubbish as other cars I have had in the past had in their handbooks, notes at the bottom of pages stating the bits of a car that were not standard on all models.

I also quoted the sale of goods act to them and said that I would be taking this matter further.

I will let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes please johnboy, the lack of any warning is positively dangerous as I found out when on a salty and wet motorway and no way of cleaning the screen to see where I was going!

·
Registered
49 Posts
mondeoman said:
Yes please johnboy, the lack of any warning is positively dangerous as I found out when on a salty and wet motorway and no way of cleaning the screen to see where I was going!

I may be stating the obvious but you should always check you fluid levels before you set out in those kind of conditions, even if you have an indicator.It is a nice to have,however, there is no legal requirement to have one of these warnings, and is not fitted to the majority of cars.

·
Registered
106 Posts
just a quick reply to konan...every car i have had since 1987 has had a washer low level warning light...and most of them have been fords....but that isnt the point...the point is it states in the hand book there should be a warning light and does not say anything about xenons...just to got back onto your point of checking before you leave... i did this on a 300 mile trip and low and behold on the m4 it ran out.....pure luck i was near a service station...for need to think long and hard over this health and safety issue

1 - 20 of 32 Posts