Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

Wind Deflectors

11K views 49 replies 12 participants last post by  Kugaman@13 
#1 ·
Back again and requiring more advice. Lol!
Saw a lovely Kuga today with wind deflectors. Just looked so nice. Are they worth buying? do they fit without screws? and do they function well?
Please point me in the right direction.
Ian

#5 · (Edited)
Ideal for ventilation without fully opening windows, especially if you carry pets
I have climair units fitted (no tools required, no clips, ) and have always fitted them to my cars as far back as I can remember
Climair and Heko are the popular ones, opinions for and against for both makes on the forum

#6 ·
I have had Heko fitted on my last 3 cars as well as the kuga,I seen clear Climair ones (I think they were climair),so I might get clear ones next time.

Ross

#7 ·
Drilling ? I'm not aware of any deflectors that require drilling, they all install using either pressure, double-sided tape or clips. I installed Hekos in the Kuga and Climairs in the Fiesta. Climairs are more rigid, come in different tints, install using tape and are way more expensive than Hekos, which are more flexible, install using both clips and tape, come in only dark tint, and they do need some additional, really good quality, tape.

#9 ·
@ Bosscat They are the clear ones i saw when you posted them before.I knew I seen them somewhere

Ross

#10 ·
Picked up a set of 4 Climair second hand in great condition for 20 quid. I've fitted the fronts, raised and lowered the window 3 times and have no bounce back issues. I understand the rears need some double sided tape to secure into position so I'll wait for a dry day to fit them. Could be a while ?

#11 ·
No tape on my rear climair Mark, fitted a treat

#15 ·
No problem on my 2017 kuga with power fold mirrors.

Ross

#20 ·
I have climair ones, wouldnt be without them, ideal for ventlation if you carry a dog, just took mine off my part exd ST Line and put them on my Vignale

#23 ·
Current listing for the Mk.2

Disregard the 'will it fit' checker on eBay as it says they will fit or not fit dependent on engine type/capacity which is nonsense.

#29 ·
#30 ·
I got mine from amazon, easy to fit, looks amazing, really sets the car off I think, good on price, they use M3 tape to stick on to the rubbers on the outside of the car, I was a bit hesitant at first but after rigorous testing they’re still attached with no issues. I’ve put the link below
Autoclover Wind Deflectors Set... Autoclover Wind Deflectors Set for Ford Kuga 2012-2019 (6 pieces): Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
Could you put up some pics of your kuga,with the deflectors on? I have been thinking of getting a set,,but Amazon and the Autoclover site are sold out.
Thanks in advance

Ross

#31 ·

This is why I mentioned Autoclover

Ross

#34 ·
Already got Heko ones on the kuga and HiLux,(And the focus ST3 but just got rid of that).always used them just wondering what the Autoclover ones looked like on some of the forum owners cars.Besides the blue one Autoclover uses.

Ross

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.