Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,035 Posts
Ford in general lack customer service. If they at least kept buyers updated then they maybe more sympathetic to the issues a Ford has.

2 yrs of lockdown’s and restrictions has a serious knock back on all industries.

12 months is a staggeringly long time to wait. I too would be becoming very inpatient.

·
Banned
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
2,464 Posts
The bit I struggle with is the dealer must input the order on the system and then it all disappears into the ether, I’m not sure I believe the dealer doesn’t know what’s happening.
It’s a conspiracy 😎

·
Banned
212 Posts
Maybe others could ask their dealer if they know anything about what I have posted below

My dealer told me that there is an emission problem with all Ford 2 litre engines, including Transits and Ford are waiting for some sort of emission module
This is since the output increased from 180hp to 190 hp

·
Registered
2022 Kuga 2.5 PHEV ST Line DA Pack Solar Silver
6 Posts
I ordered in October and was told delivery would be August. Heard this week that it would be end of this March.

·
Registered
On order Ford kuga Mk3 ST line x 1.5 ecoboost petrol
88 Posts
I ordered in October and was told delivery would be August. Heard this week that it would be end of this March.
Only if you’ve ordered a hybrid will you see it at that time, I ordered the standard 1.5 petrol 1st week of October and was told recently not to expect a build until June earliest now

·
Registered
92 Posts
@Gooding89 May I ask you why did you order 1.5 Petrol? It was well known in the last years that hybrids have priority on manufacturing than others.
FHEV could have been a good choice also. Was the price tag too high for you?

·
Registered
88 Posts
@Gooding89 May I ask you why did you order 1.5 Petrol? It was well known in the last years that hybrids have priority on manufacturing than others.
FHEV could have been a good choice also. Was the price tag too high for you?
Because the petrol was £6k cheaper than the FHEV which isn’t that impressive in terms of mpg compared to the standard petrol. I don’t think the hybrid technology is quite there yet so it’s just a family car to get by for 3 years until technology has improved a bit further along

·
Registered
2022MY Ford Kuga St Line X 1.5 Diesel FWD
15 Posts
I ordered mid Sept 2021 and I’m going to collect my 1.5 diesel (which was discontinued by Ford) on Saturday. Heard a lot of rumours on the forum that they’d try to cancel my order but it has taken exactly 6 months from order to delivery, without so much of a whisper of cancellation from my dealer. However my dealer did say they put my order on priority with the factory. That may have made a bit of a difference tbh. Hope everyone gets their cars soon as 12 months sounds ridiculously long!

·
Registered
2022 Kuga 2.5 PHEV ST Line DA Pack Solar Silver
6 Posts
Only if you’ve ordered a hybrid will you see it at that time, I ordered the standard 1.5 petrol 1st week of October and was told recently not to expect a build until June earliest now
Delivered this week. Well pleased. :cool:

·
Registered
366 Posts
PHEV STX ordered Mid Nov 21.
Built 24/01.
Arrived 07/03.
Collected 13/03.

10 or so weeks from order to build. 8 or so weeks from build to delivery.

I was told April at point of ordering. I took that with a pinch of salt as I work in tech and know how bad stuff is to get hold of, I’d also read around and I had looked at other cars who were saying ~12 months, so I’d told myself Oct\Nov.

The Q421 deal on the STX was pretty good in hindsight. I’d imagine sales of the STX have dropped off a bit, which might free up other orders. But… anyone not thinking PHEV will take priority over Petrol/Diesel surely has to be mistaken?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Built 24/01.
Arrived 07/03.
Collected 13/03.

I was told April at point of ordering. I took that with a pinch of salt as I work in tech and know how bad stuff is to get hold of, I’d also read around and I had looked at other cars who were saying ~12 months, so I’d told myself Oct\Nov.

The Q421 deal on the STX was pretty good in hindsight. I’d imagine sales of the STX have dropped off a bit, which might free up other orders. But… anyone not thinking PHEV will take priority over Petrol/Diesel surely has to be mistaken?
I think what’s more frustrating is we weren’t informed of this when we made the order. I spoke to several dealers before placing the order and I directly asked would a hybrid be prioritised over other cars and was told it wouldn’t be the case so for that to now happen is annoying

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Built 24/01.
Arrived 07/03.
Collected 13/03.

you have done well

Ordered 4/11/21
Built Jan sometime - dealer wont or cant tell me
Expected with dealer was end of March 21 now mid April 21

·
Registered
366 Posts
I think what’s more frustrating is we weren’t informed of this when we made the order. I spoke to several dealers before placing the order and I directly asked would a hybrid be prioritised over other cars and was told it wouldn’t be the case so for that to now happen is annoying
Does anyone know that PHEV are being prioritised? This is just my assumption/belief.

I mean, it feels like common sense (in my head) that they would do this, given the state of the world, the push for greener/eco and all manufacturers will be using this as a push/enforcement of EV…

I kinda imagine anyone sat waiting for a Diesel will continue to get bumped in the hope that the customer gets annoyed and bins the order off.

I guess at the end of the day, the dealer is the franchised sales piece of the puzzle. They won’t have much of a clue/say over what actually happens.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Does anyone know that PHEV are being prioritised? This is just my assumption/belief.

I mean, it feels like common sense (in my head) that they would do this, given the state of the world, the push for greener/eco and all manufacturers will be using this as a push/enforcement of EV…

I kinda imagine anyone sat waiting for a Diesel will continue to get bumped in the hope that the customer gets annoyed and bins the order off.

I guess at the end of the day, the dealer is the franchised sales piece of the puzzle. They won’t have much of a clue/say over what actually happens.
My dealer said they are prioritising the PHEV at the moment and I would agree I would assume the same as everyone who’s ordered a PHEV recently has had theirs delivered not seen many non PHEV take delivery if they’ve not ordered within the last 6 months.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am curious to see what the actual delivery wait times in weeks are until the vehicle is in your hands so i can see if i can build up a trend. i guess this depends on spec and the date ordered
Hi l ordered a Kuga st line x last June and kept being told different dates however at the beginning of February this year I was told I probably won’t see it until September October this year I cannot believe how long it’s taking to get it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi ordered Kuga ST X edition with the technology pack and the heads up pack, 1.5 petrol, manual, in red near the end of May 2021, Received it end Feb 2022. Got so fed up with waiting, bought another car in case this one did not arrive.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts