Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

The engine management light has come on on my diesel Kuga. A non-Ford garage was able to tell me it was the 'diesel particulate filter' but said I would need to go to a Ford dealer.

Our local Ford dealer in Stapleford, Nottingham have said the first time they can look at it is 9th May !!!

Any suggestions for anywhere else to take it?

·
Registered
177 Posts
There are ways to deal with a DPF when it becomes blocked to burn off deposits (regenerate) Google it!

The DPF usually plays up if the vehicle is not given a good lengthy thrashing regularly - pottering about round town does it no good.

Del.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have given the car a good run on the motorway, 30 to 45 minutes. But light is still on.I'll try more good runs at highish revs to see if it helps.

Found this useful thread:http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/dpf-regen-question_topic14279.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Worth considering if another drive or two doesn't clear it.https://www.halfordsautocentres.com/car-care/dpf-deep-clean

·
Registered
407 Posts
dennisb said:
Worth considering if another drive or two doesn't clear it.https://www.halfordsautocentres.com/car-care/dpf-deep-clean

Makes you wonder whether they do actually inspect it, or just take the car for a 20 minute joyride to clear it

·
Registered
177 Posts
You really need to read the fault code that has triggered the management light as it might not be solely the DPF it could be the pressure sensor so it would help to know the code.

Del.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A garage did read the code. I'm afraid I don't know what the code was, but they did say it was the DPFEdited by: dennisb

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I would take the car to the nearest Halfords and ask them to clean the DPF.They will also be able to scan for any more codes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had something similar on my previous car (08 plate A4 tdi) it could be an underlying issue that sets off a trigger on the engine. I was told that if there is anything the car doesn't like, it can stop the regen process so eventually it's going to mess up the dpf. On my last car it was the throttle body apparently.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Took my car to Halfords in Long Eaton, Nottingham.Very pleased with the service. When I contacted them they were able to book the car in for the next day and the car was fixed within a day.
Expensive though as needed a replacement DPF, the deep clean didn't work.
Sandicliffe in Stapleford (Ford main dealer) would have kept me waiting for a month before they could look at the car. I expect it would then would have had to be booked in again to be fixed. They told me they only have one person who can read engine management codes!!!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Pleased to hear you got it sorted, without having to wait an unreasonably long time for the Ford garage to reluctantly book you in.Why do they tell blatant lies that they only have one person who can read engine management codes.
It's not rocket science!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts