Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting an Electric white Kuga Titanium after seeing on at the Motorshow last year but now I'm starting to wonder if it would be better to opt for Frozen white because A. it's free and B. its alot easier to touch up when the car get parking dings etc from other drivers!!

I know that white is a 'love it or hate it' colour but with privacy glass, 18" alloys and a panoramic roof it might look quite good.

Does anyone else have a white car, either frozen or Electric because if I can save £680 on the colour of the car it makes much better sense?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi christw
The subject of Frozen or Electric causes a lot of debate. It really is a matter of personal choice. Follow this thread it might help you make your mind up:

http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=425

If you want a clean pure white, then Frozen is the colour choice for you but if you fancy a white with a bit more "Bling" thenElectric would be your best bet.

Try and see both colours in the flesh. It reallyis the only real way to decide

Decisions Decisions!

Regards

Kugameister
Edited by: Kugameister

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Kugameister,

Having seen the Electric white at the motorshow I was really impressed and Frozen white just looked dull BUT....the other day I saw an Electric white car innormal UKweather and it looked dirty (even though it wasn't).

Now I've decided that Frozen white is the way to go if the pictures of your car are anything to go by which look great. Provided that its kept clean it looksreally smartand much cheaper to maintain than a pearlecent colour.

Saving £680 on the paint work means I can go for a panaramic roof now!!

As for black I've bad 3 black cars and although they looked good for a while they show up all the minor scratches and paint swirls which are a pain to polish out. Time to move away from black and silver.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hi Chriswt,

Good point, black looks the business butIS high maintanance. Look forward to seeing a white in the flesh as it so so difficult to judge fairly from pictures.

You will love your Kuga.

Sarah.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
championkuga said:
Hi Chriswt,

Good point, black looks the business butIS high maintanance. Look forward to seeing a white in the flesh as it so so difficult to judge fairly from pictures.

You will love your Kuga.

Sarah.

Make sure you don't use harsh brushes or a carwash to clean the black paintwork and it will look stunning for much longer.

With the current state of the Economy I might wait a little longer to see I can bag a real bargain!!!

Chris

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Thanks Chris,

Been using Autoglym. Their Super Resin Polish brings up the paintwork like showroom condition and I swear that the rain 'sits' on the surface! It looks beautiful
until I take it out on the country roads around here

Sarah

·
Registered
731 Posts
I use all the same products as you ChampionKuga, but I have also invested in a lambs wool wash mit, even a sponge can scratch a black car, this is brilliant, it's really really soft and doesnt leave any swirl marks, Ive been using it on my new Fiesta for the past 4 months and you really can't see any swirl marks yet, time will tell I suppose.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hi KugaCat,

It was following your recommendation that I use Autoglym. When I saw the price I gulped but for a car like Kuga it is worth it. Did a great job on the scratch too. Many thanks.

Sarah

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Chris,

Ive just managed to 'bag' myself what I consider to be a bargin, titanium with appearance pack, convenience pack, Bluetooth and alluminated scuff plates, front and rear mats for £18k, well I say bargin I don't work for Ford so think Ive done pretty well. I know people who work for Ford do get a healthy discount though

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi ChampionKuga,

Unfortunately it is pricey but my goodness it's quality stuff! I'm really pleased it worked it's magic on your Kuga and I bet he looks fabulous again now.

·
Registered
260 Posts
KugaCat said:
Hi Chris,

Ive just managed to 'bag' myself what I consider to be a bargin, titanium with appearance pack, convenience pack, Bluetooth and alluminated scuff plates, front and rear mats for £18k, well I say bargin I don't work for Ford so think Ive done pretty well. I know people who work for Ford do get a healthy discount though

AWD or 2WD mate, and was it new?

Absolute storming price that otherwise, and us Ford workers get £2000 off, while a friend of a Ford worker can get a £1000 off using an ambassador voucher!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi daisbuys,

Wow! I didn't realise it was that much of a discount!

Yes my Kuga is new but a 2WD, I won't be going 'off road' so saving about 3K, I think. I believe the Haldex system only brings all 4 wheels together as it were when it starts to feel a loss of grip, is that right? Otherwise it just uses 2WD (not sure if I'm right). Anyway Im really excited I cant wait for the end of February.

Which part of Ford do you work in daisbuys? Do you enjoy it?

I would love to work for them!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi Kugacat,

Best price I have seen for a basic 2wd Zetec in a solid colour so I assume frozen white is £13995.00 OTR inc 6 months tax, price is Ford Privilege and was notified to previous customers of John Grose who are based in Ipswich. The deal was to have the car registered by 31/01/2009....

Raymondo111

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
KugaCat said:
Hi daisbuys,

Wow! I didn't realise it was that much of a discount!

Yes my Kuga is new but a 2WD, I won't be going 'off road' so saving about 3K, I think. I believe the Haldex system only brings all 4 wheels together as it were when it starts to feel a loss of grip, is that right? Otherwise it just uses 2WD (not sure if I'm right). Anyway Im really excited I cant wait for the end of February.

Which part of Ford do you work in daisbuys? Do you enjoy it?

I would love to work for them!

Although it makes much more sense to buy a 2wd car I can't help thinking that it was embarrassing enough having to ask a Freelander owner to toe my Merc CLK out of a small muddy hole in the local park carpark so asking to have a Kuga pulled out of some mud would be terrible!!!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi chriswt,
Yes it would be extremely embarrassing, but I have found myself in 'sticky' situations before without having AWD. I was at Chatsworth House in Derbyshire for one of the Network Rally stages, very muddy, it had been raining as is often the case and there was I with my little Fiesta just driving out of the grounds past all these bigger cars! I realise the Kuga is much heavier but hopefully if I use my head I wont find myself stuck.

What I am worried about is driving the Kuga through some very narrow lanes on Dartmoor.

Some of the lanes are so narrow that door mirrors can just about squeeze past with a whiskers breadth either side, that certainly gets the old ticker racing!!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Raymondo111,

My goodness that is a fantastic price! The nearest Ive got to that was £16.5K and it wasn't new either, it had done 3000 miles!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey kugaCat, sent you a private message via personal mail. Did you get it at all?

And while we are on topic of prices, I'm gettingmy 09 reg AWD Zetec with Appearance pack andBlack metallic paint for£15,500 with 12 months tax butthis is usingFord privilege. From Evans Halshaw Cardiff.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Lucky people with the Ford Privilege discount, I work at HP and our employee discounts are actually usually more expensive than kit from dabs.com or other online computer retailers

1 - 20 of 23 Posts