Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have a problem with a whistling wing mirror?

I have had my Kuga since last Wednesday and I love it!.

I have noticed a couple of things that I am sure shouldn't be like they are.

<UL>
<LI>Firstly, my driver's side wing mirror creates a whistling noise whenever I get above about 30 mph, anyone else have this problem?</LI>
<LI>Secondly, on the inside, on the front dash board, there is the little recess in the middle below the windscreen, the liner of which is not very well secured. Does anyone else have the problem where this comes out very easily?</LI>[/list]

I am going to be getting somereplacement trim for the upright between the front and rear windows on the passenger side doors and want to be able to give the service people some more examples of these issues if anyone has had them.

Thanks

Escapist_uk

·
Registered
296 Posts
Escapist_uk,
My demonstrator had a whistling wing mirror, it started at about 25 mph and was loudest at about 30. It did seem to quieten down after 35 but it was still noticable after that. I have seen another post here about the same thing and also some suggestions of the windscreen causing some noise. You would probably have to try a search to find them but it may be worth the effort looking as I think they were resolved by the dealer. My demonstrator also had a loose aerial which added to the noise, when the rep delivered it the aerial was pointing towards the drivers door, I pushed it back into line but later that day it was **** eyed again.
There are also comments in posts about the rubber liner being loose in the dashboard cubby hole.

You should mention this to the dealer and have it rectified, you can then fully enjoy your new toy. Lucky you, mine's not due till October.

Regards
Paul.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mentioned the wind noise to my Dealer and I have been booked in for a test run with one of their service people on Tuesday morning to see if they can get to the bottom of it.

I will keep you posted with how well they deal with the issue.

Escapist_uk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts