Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, new to the kuga and never owned a ford before so am trying to work out what my car has so i can see about upgrades, my kuga is a 2013 titanium x, have attached a pic of the unit fitted, wandering what upgrade options i have to add satnav and reversing camera or am i better going down the aftermarket route, just dont want loads of wires and multiple devices plugged in everywhere

·
Super Moderator
2,312 Posts
hi all, new to the kuga and never owned a ford before so am trying to work out what my car has so i can see about upgrades, my kuga is a 2013 titanium x, have attached a pic of the unit fitted, wandering what upgrade options i have to add satnav and reversing camera or am i better going down the aftermarket route, just dont want loads of wires and multiple devices plugged in everywhere

View attachment 3271

That's a Sync1 and after-market is the best route.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a Sync1 and after-market is the best route.
cheers Nigel, will look at aftermarket, take it i will need a hew front plate for an aftermarket double din stereo, anyone have any recommendations for an aftermarket unit

·
Super Moderator
2,312 Posts
LOADS out there. A good aftermarket audio shop should help.

I have always had no issues with Kenwood and JVC but some of the Chinese imports seem popular.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hi Johnboy welcome to the forum,as others had said it is a sync 1.if you could put details of your kuga in your signature it would help other forum users when you need help or advice,saves you repeating what kuga you have.Good luck finding another unit,there are quite a few out there.

Ross

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Johnboy welcome to the forum,as others had said it is a sync 1.if you could put details of your kuga in your signature it would help other forum users when you need help or advice,saves you repeating what kuga you have.Good luck finding another unit,there are quite a few out there.

Ross
thanks Ross I was going to update my signature once I had the car hopefully tomorrow

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Hi Johnboy, welcome to the forum. Is that an automatic I see you are buying. Before you collect it, it may be an idea to check the service history and find out when the gearbox oil was last changed as it can be expensive from ford to have it done.

On the subject of the stereo you may be able to change the small 4.5" display screen to the satnav version. As the satnav screens. are colour it will accept the input from a rear camera. Personally I would go with a double din unit and you can get the fascia adapter from Connects2. You will need to remove some of the plastic behind the stereo panel.

Personally I would go with a Kenwood but only as I have owned a couple of them before. Anyone who recommends something on here will have been used by an owner at some point.

Some of the guys on here have fitted android devices which come from China. I was looking at this but the slow boot up times put me off and there seems to be some issues with instructions and time in getting everything to work. By going the double din route it should be virtually plug and play. Part 1 of Connects2 how to below.

What I plan to do is upgrade mine to Sync2 with the 8" touch screen. I have all the bits but just need a spare weekend to do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your reply smartgiy69, luckily my brother works for ford and his mechanic advised me about gearbox oil, it was done at 38000 miles but a local ford dealer so he said we should look at doing it again around 75000 I know the stuffs expensive about £200 just for the oil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts