Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if anyone has seen this,

In the Which car survey 2009 - they voted to Kuga as Best new 4x4

stating ford is well versed in making cars people want to buy- and it also knows the importance of good design.

The kuga is a boldly styled 4WD (and a more frugal 2WD) thats full of detail touches, such as easy fuel which stops it from being fuelled incorrectly

the runner up was the Audi Q5

stating - in some ways the Audi Q5 does what the Frod Kuga does, but in a premium and very classy way
Edited by: moggith

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes Moggith, I also read this......

Positive comments and the General Rating of 4* overall, with 5* for some stuff like Brakes etc was very pleasing to read

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes Moggith & Kugababe,
I've also read the item and I think the quotationof the owners view of the Kuga (page 128)sums it up "One test drive and I was sold".

Ireckon being members of Which? and owning Kuga's also says quite a bit about our personalities and requirements for quality and reliability.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I couldn't agree more with your comments Winston, and I most certainly was 'sold' on her. I was very lucky to be offered an extended test drive. Exeter to Newton Abbot and back, fantastic I got to 'try' her on all sorts of roads.
Which? is a very respected company so to hear them heap praise on the Kuga is absolutely brilliant.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Kugacat,
First test drive run also from Exeterbut up Haldon Hill and was completely sold on it. In fact, liked it so much took another one out in Kingsbridge to try it on the B roads.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Winston,
How lucky were we!! Having read so many posts about lack of a test drive, the worst one had to be a quick drive around the dealer car park, that's terrible!

Anyway, this sounds like a daft question but how did Winston do going up Haldon Hill?

I've not actually been up that way yet, I usually go up the Expressway.

I've had my Kuga now for 5 months and she's only done 2500 miles, not very much.

I'm still hoping that I will see you at some point!

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
KugaCat I was offered a test drive well it was more stop and startreally around the dealer complex, I'm sure it was a customers car whose delivery wasimminent which is why when I ordered the Kuga I was paranoid about the delivery mileage of my vehicle (few miles only as it turned out ) Test drive there,not impressedpurchased elsewhere. Dealer Principal/Sales Managerhad an Electric White Kuga but the saleman told me that it's "his personal ride " and nobody else can drive it?Polar Ford, Cheshire what more can I say . . . . . not good. Where you are not a valued customer, just an inconvenience.Totally mystified as to how dealerships such as these exist.Kuga did well 2009 Tow car of year (with S-Max ) and 2WD was commended in this weeks Auto Express 2009 Car of year awards.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Kugacat, we're Kugaless at the moment as Winston is in for a replacement AWDtransfer box, in his place we have a 1.8TDCi focus and it wasn't until yesterday when coming back from Exeter up Haldon Hill that I said "this car's slower than the Kuga"then looked down to see I was doing 80 so I reckon Winston does it a bit quicker when required. Give it a go up Haldon then when you get over the top take the slip road just passed the petrol station, do a right then back up the other side of the carriageway as you can throw it around the bends on the return leg. I'm not advocating speeding butit's always worth knowing what your vehicleis capable of just in case you need to react in an emergency.Winston is just over 4 months old and has done over 8,000 miles,stick some miles on the clock and enjoy it, I'm sure you're not thinking of selling it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts