Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day to all you Kuga owners.I need your advice and quick please.I am in a dilemma as to which Kuga to buy The Zetec and Titanium,I know the Titanium has more spec on,however i have chosen to take out the options package £5000.00 up front and nothing to pay for a year and then £15.000 to pay after this period.There is different options in which to buy and to be honest I dont know what to do for the best.I am 55 now and have had lots of new cars but I seem never to be satisfied thats where you come in.As owners i know you will be truthful and blunt,thtas what i need.I have to go to the garage tomorrow with a decision,so please help me.
Peter (Middlesbrough)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Peter
I had the same dilemma as for the extras you get on the Titanium for an extra £2k you could have on the Zetec for that money.I didn't care for cruise control asI've had it before and think its a waste of money for the roads in this country (you need long empty roads for it to work and as with the roads/traffic in this country all you keep doing is braking and having to set it again). Also didn't care for the blue tinted glass or theclimate control a/c which is on one of my current cars and for how much sun we get in the uk the manual a/c works just as well. Auto winder wipers well have them on a current car and there always going to fast or to slow so you end up setting them manually.

Auto head lights are good which you don't get on the zetec, but you can pay the £300 for the solar reflect wind screen with which you get the auto lights/wipers and dimming rear-view mirror which is also a good thing to have. The 17" wheelsthat come as standard on the zetec Ithink are better looking that the standard 17" wheels on theTitanium. So I was going through the process of ordering a zetec with the wind screen option and the sony audio system as it looks so much better than that cheep looking plastic ford radio/CD. But it all stopped there whenI was told I can't have the 19" alloy wheels on the zetec as a factory fit option (but could do a deal at the dealers but would pay through the nose for them that way) ok so lets have the zetec with the appearance pack with the 18" alloy wheels for another £500 (mmm getting near Titanium money now).

The final nail in the coffin with the zetec was when I was asked to choose what trim I wanted inside, well I don't like the blue or the orange as they look horrendous, but that's all you get with zetecI'm told(what? I'm thinking). Well soI ended up ordering the Titanium as I just could not live with them orange or blue strips across the seats and doors.

So its all down to you own taste and as for the extras on the Titanium you're paying for all of them, even the one's you might not want. As for the wheels on the Titanium well I think they need to be upgraded too as thier bad. But this only my opinion

So if you like the orange or the blue and don't want all of the extras then go for the zetec and pay for the one's that want.

But if you like me and can't stand the trim on the zetec then go for the Titanium.I was unlucky as I'm paying for some extras I don't want, but you might want them all.

Good luck with you choice.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I went for the zetec with the appearance pack. I have the vision blue, which means that the blue trim inside does not look out of place, but I can see where it would if other exterior colours were chosen?

I looked through the list of options/extras that I could have with the titanium etc... but when I looked at the cost of each extra I just couldnt justify paying what they were asking for extras that I would hardly ever use?

It is also very easy to get carried away when choosing extras when using Ford's financeoptions deals as you start to think that for "just a few extra pounds per month" you could have this or that option and before you know it you have spend a couple of thousand pounds more than you wanted?

I am really pleased with mine, it looks great, drives great and Ieffectively got the appearance pack and metallic paint for free because I got such a good reduction on the total cost of the car (i paid 19,995). This also means that if I wanted to add private plates or the upgraded engine chip in the future then I can afford to because I didnt buy any extras.

However, it's entirely up to you as to what you prefer, all I can say is that I am sure you won't be dissapointed in your final decision.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information,I will keep you posted as to my decision.I am driving my wife crazy have to make my mind up.
Cheers

Peter

·
Registered
260 Posts
Whats the difference on monthly payments on the zetec compared to the titanium? As I am in the same boat and would like to know whats the difference between cars when you take out the options plan, or even finance for that matter? Edited by: daisbuys

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have details only onthe Zetec up to now.I have to put up £4995.00 deposit nothing to pay for the first12 months and thenhave the option to pay the remainderof £15000.00.I am going to the garage tomorrow to discuss other options on both models, so at the moment i dont have any further info for you my friend,when i do i will let you know.
Peter

·
Registered
113 Posts
HiPeetee,

If only Henry Ford had continued his tradition of any colour so long as it'sblack etc..... I paid 21,400 for a titanium, with black met paint, reversing sensors, and the 18" wheel upgrade (that I didn't want, but it meant I could have one out of the compound in Belgium so it only took2.5 weeks to arrive.. I also took out an options cashplanfinance deal with 9,500 up front and nothing for two years when the optional final payment will be 13048. If you look at your deal, you're paying 5000 a year for azetec, while I'm paying an average of £4750 for a titanium. Using your figures as a comparison, in my 2 year deal I'm paying 5K for year 1, and then £4.5K for year 2, although £2K of that is taken up with the titanium upgrade price hence year 2 for me is costing only £2.5K in zetec terms, and I can walk away after 25 months if the credit crunch worsens for example or the price of diesel gets even sillier..... or should I commit a heinous crime on this site by saying that I might even be bored by my Kuga by then, and will be glad to trade it in for I dunno - an mx-5!

In my opinion, in the Titanium, the trim is much much better, part leather looks very good, the stereo is much better - it's actually fantastic sounding. Climate control - I still fiddle anyway, cruise control -good for long motorways but not very good on fuel. Hope that helps...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much for the information,I will let you know how I get on tomorrow,theres a lot think about.
Peter

·
Registered
227 Posts
I always look at everything down to the last nut & bolt... but I decided within the first second of realising that the zetec only comes with the orange or blue stripe interior that I would only be looking at derivatives of the Titanium!

I agree that the 17" zetec wheels look better than the 17" Titanium standard wheels. Not a lot of thought has gone into the 18" optional wheels (these are the wheels I have BTW!). If we could have had the zetec 17"ers in 18" size... that would have been ideal! Remind me of the TSW Venoms I had on my old Astra!!! These were groundbreaking and unique at the time!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts