Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please can anyone help regarding the which option to buy Ford or EVBox Elvi offered by British Gas here in UK.

The survey has been carried out and I was informed I needed to make a choice before a quote but am totally confused.

They both are identical in every respect only that the Ford option has a longer cable, works with Ford Pass and is a tad cheaper.

Can anyone help .. Can I use OTHER Apps with the Ford EV Charger or am I restricted to only Fordpass which in my experience has shown to be very unreliable.

Ford Connected Box.jpg
EVBox.jpg

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,530 Posts
Just to throw another one in the mix, ZAPPI has good reviews

·
Registered
Ford Kuga PHEV, april 2021, ST Line X, Winter pack, technology pack, retractable towbar
15 Posts
Hi. I have the ELVI one myself. I am not sure what you can do with a connected EV box (like the Ford one) using the app. I think it is more for a paid one and you can use the app to manage that for many users. You have all necessary information about the charging of your car in the Ford Pass app (status, schedule for charging, time remaining, etc.).

·
Registered
Kuga 2021 ST-Line X PHEV Magnetic
26 Posts
I've gone for the EO mini 2, it's being fitted on Thursday so will update then.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've got the Wallbox Pulsar Plus. Fab little thing. Very easy to use with the app.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Charge point installed - nice and compact. Seems OK so far

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
5,798 Posts
Charge point installed - nice and compact. Seems OK so far
View attachment 7797 View attachment 7798
Looks neat. I did focus a little on the other "small" box to the right of it.

I have a bit of a daft question but just wondered if the charge point can also be used as a normal electrical outlet for a vacuum or power washer when not required for charging the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
AFAIK the charge point is specific to EV charging and can't be used for anything else.

I've just switched to Octopus to take advantage of their GO tariff - anyone on Octopus care to share their referral code - first response used :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just spoke to Octopus myself today regarding this Tarif.
You ned to have a smart meter or have one fitted.(ive booked mine for end of the month)
Then she said apply online ,which i had a look at and its seems fairly simple to do.
5p per kwh from 00:30-04:00 hrs is the cheap rate although my standing charge would go from 20p per day up to 25 p per day on the Go tarif.
Regards
Rob.

P.S .
Had the EO mini pro 2 fitted this week. Looks ok but it does stick out a bit when in the holster and there is nowhere to wrap the cable around but i bought a separate holster and it allows you to wrap the cable around it neatly (£25 quid) .I will try and post up a picture.
Just need the car now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you use this link when you sign up, or even after, we both get a £50 bill credit. share.octopus.energy/alive-robin-238

Reactions: njkmr

·
Registered
23 Posts
We are with People Energy (in Scotland)- kwh is a flat rate of 15p- any time of the day. For us it didnt make much sense to go with a very cheap overnight tariff and higher during the day as we are at home a lot and our usage in high during the day

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here Octopus GO is 15.96 pence per kilowatt hour during the day and 5 pence from 12:30am to 4:30am - meaning around 70 pence to charge the car for 35 miles.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thats great. When I looked at Octopus I wasn't able to get those rates here😔

·
Registered
26 Posts
Also the EO Mini 2 Pro is linked with Octopus so you can select GO when setting up timed charging and it auto populates times and tarrifs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No members out there with Octopus that would care to share there referral code with me? We both get £50 account credit.

·
Registered
2020 Kuga Titanium PHEV 2.5L
3 Posts
I had a Zappi fitted last week. Long 7.5m lead. Works with Ford app but can also be programmed to start at 2am etc. Works well. Early days but no issues. Obviously the fitter applied for the grant.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Seems to work OK. I've enabled the Octopus schedule, 1230 till 0430 in the EO app, and plugged the car in. From memory the FordPass app says plugged in paused. When I checked the charge logs the next day it charged OK.

To confirm, you are only setting the charge time on the EO app, the FordPass app is set to charge when plugged in?

Also the EO charge point needs to be unlocked in the app.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seems to work OK. I've enabled the Octopus schedule, 1230 till 0430 in the EO app, and plugged the car in. From memory the FordPass app says plugged in paused. When I checked the charge logs the next day it charged OK.

To confirm, you are only setting the charge time on the EO app, the FordPass app is set to charge when plugged in?

Also the EO charge point needs to be unlocked in the app.
Do you press the timer button on the port ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Which port, on the car?

To perform a timed charge with the EO Mini you need to.

In the EO app enable Off Peak charging

In the EO app ensure the charging point is not locked - you should have a blue padlock icon

Plug your type 2.lead into charge point and into the car, don't press the timed charge button in the car charge port.

In the FiordPass app ensure Charge when plugged in is selected

And thats it, your vehicle should charge between the hours selected in the EO app.. You can easily test by changing the time of the off peak charging to now, or in the next 5 minutes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts