Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a titanuim on order late August del. Just had a look on the photo section of this great website and Im a littleconfused which are the correct standard fit titanium alloys from memory none of these piccy's look like the 17" titanium standard ones in the ford sales mag orfitted to the demonstrator down atmy dealers or has titanium owners gone for the 18" zetec alloys fitted as dealer or zetec appearance option? confused.com

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi Steven
There are six or seven different "standard" wheels including 17 inch steel wheels (not available in the UK) the rest are alloys mainly 17 inch - with an 18 inch and a 19 inch available as options (or "pack") extras. ( I think I've got that right)

On the standard titanium you get a 17 inch alloys, the six spokes looking like a series of Y's going round the wheel. You may get something different if you have selected an optional pack.

These standard titanium wheels are easy to clean with no sharp corners or tight bits that you can't get into.

Go to your dealer and grab a free Kuga brochure - all wheels and choices shown there.

·
Registered
855 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Steven robbo,
You can download a pdf E-Brochure from the Ford website. The standard Titanium wheels are shown there as 17" 5x2 spoke design. The ones Digger refers to are listed as the Zetec wheels. I know Ford have been offering various promotions to sell cars, some of which involved wheels and appearance packs so this may be the reason why there seems to be so many different combinations in the photo's, as well as peoples personal choice and opting to change the spec.

If you look in the gallery at Freddie Kuga's contribution, page 6 of quatroxquatro's thread, you will see a picture of the standard Titanium wheels on his fine example in Vision.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks allfor that info the confusion arised because most photos of titaniums on this websitehave the 18" zetec option alloys, first thought was ford must have upgraded the alloys to 18's which I presume is incorrect, so owners of titaniums have opted? for zetec alloys as a dealeroption or as part of a zetecappearance pack ok I have the ford sales mag but seeing piccies of titaniums on this site and looking through ford book it did not compute, wish I'd of known you could opt for a zetec appearance pack 18" alloys, rails and privacy even though you haveordered atitaniumaccording tothe ford sales book the zetec appearance pack is not available on the titanium which is why I was even more confused. Anyhow clear as mud now. thank you all.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi Again Steven,

You are right, the Zetec Appearance pack is not available on the Titanium. But you can have the Titanium Appearance pack £200 (currently free) which adds roof rails and pricacy glass. To get the 18in wheels on the Titanium you simply have to specify the £350 wheel option. It's really very straightforward if you scrol down the features and specifications on my previous link.

Best regards

TK

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hiya TK sorry it must be the heat couldn't grasp why if you have ordereda titanium you would want zetec alloy wheels on it far better to opt for the titanium 19" alloys. free appearance I know mine was already on a pre-order from factory instead of waiting 3 months Ijust wait two, free appearance salesman asked me if I wanted appearance p glass and rails but I declined as did not mention free anything sure it was £200 sojust paying extra for front andrear sensors and mats not keen on privacy makes car look like a d dealers ride and told salesmenwould not want itbcause I thought it was extra but roof rails look cool maybe I should try and blag roof rails off dealer but seems somekuga owners have had some problems rear hatch catchingand other probs with dealer fit items such as roof rails.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts