Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined this great site and seem to have loads of questions to ask, so hopefully not boring you all. I'm looking to purchase a Titanium with 19" wheels. Can anyone tell me if they have any affect on fuel consumption etc. It seems I have so many questions, so little time.

·
Registered
108 Posts
This is exactly the right place to ask questions. Lots of friendly people and most are willing to rave about their cars. Ask away, although I would recommend looking for answers in existiing threads first :)

No idea about impact of 19" wheels on fuel economy. I did compare the difference between 17" and 18" wheels for road noise and ride comfort on a test drive. There is a difference butlooks won over anything else in the end! I can't imagine there being much of a difference in fuel economy to be honest.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a Titanium with 19" wheels and on a full tank have done 190 miles with a quarter tank stillm left...economy would seem pretty good..19" wheels look great as well...

·
Registered
108 Posts
190 miles on 3/4 of a tank of diesel? Blimey, I would be very disappointed in that. I get 350-400 miles out of a tank. I doubt that's due to the wheels though...more likely to be urban driving or just a heavy right boot :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
JB1 said:
Just joined this great site and seem to have loads of questions to ask, so hopefully not boring you all. I'm looking to purchase a Titanium with 19" wheels. Can anyone tell me if they have any affect on fuel consumption etc. It seems I have so many questions, so little time.

I have the 19""� wheels. There is no difference as the overall size for the 17""�, 18""� and 19""� wheels are the same, as they increase the size of the alloy they just use a tire with a lower profile

·
Registered
446 Posts
ilove1981 said:
190 miles on 3/4 of a tank of diesel? Blimey, I would be very disappointed in that. I get 350-400 miles out of a tank. I doubt that's due to the wheels though...more likely to be urban driving or just a heavy right boot :)

I also get about 350 to 400 miles on a tank and I have the 19" er's.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The19" wheels will not make any difference because the overall diameter is the same, its the tyre that will change in size to maintain the same diameter.

The most important thing is to use the right gears.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, Thanks all for your input. I didn't order the 19" wheels in the end, but may do now. Because the tyreis low profile, does it make the ride harder?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I would guess yes, but I have the 18 inch wheels and 50 profile tyres. I chose these as they were a compromise between comfort (55 profile) and looks (45 profile). If you travel in the city and have a lot of speedbumps to cross, or use unmade roads, then I would avoid the 19" wheels.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The only difference will beis when you travel on off roads the wheels get dirtier quicker as they are lower to the ground.
But at the end of the day they will give a better look to the car. (A kuga without 19" wheels is like a woman without makeup! )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts