Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wondered if anyone knows where Ford got the name Kuga from? I can only find a reference to it as a small township somewhere in Japan. Sounds more like the name of a mountain; Mount Kuga!
Hope to get our Kuga later this week. If it keeps on raining here, it wont be too long before I get to test the wading capabilities!
Will be interesting to see how we get on with DAB radio; many parts of this area are not DAB friendly. Wondered if I could get an MP3 player with FM reception, and use this, via the connection, as an alternative means of reception?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Mountainman, I did a search using http://dictionary.sensagent.com/ and found the following translation from Icelandic to English;

browbeat, bully, dominate, domineer, swagger

I think Swagger is a good one as the Kuga is the best car I have ever owned and the best car on the road so all us Kuga owners are justified in our swagger

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hmmm, just found another translation from Slovenian to English that I am not so keen on;

Pestilence, Plague, the Black Death (I am most unhappy about the black death bit as I have a Zetec in Panther Black
)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think we'll go with the swagger (in the nicest possible way!)
Would be a great name for a newly discovered star/planet; any astronomers out there?
Cheers.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I like the name Kuga - BUT!
when I phoned Ford Insure to get it covered so it could be taxed, I told them it was a Ford Kuga, he then told me it was a 2 door sports car, not a 5 door 4X4! The plonker obviously thought of Cougar!

He works for Ford & got it wrong! It does seem a bit odd that they have bought out two vehicles in ther time, with such similar names

·
Registered
61 Posts
Greeny said:
I like the name Kuga - BUT!
when I phoned Ford Insure to get it covered so it could be taxed, I told them it was a Ford Kuga, he then told me it was a 2 door sports car, not a 5 door 4X4! The plonker obviously thought of Cougar!

He works for Ford & got it wrong! It does seem a bit odd that they have bought out two vehicles in ther time, with such similar names

Actually the Ford Insure people are Norwich Union..... but you're right they should know!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Radio not a problem, because it has FM as well as digital!
Dealer didn't tell me that, but good to have the FM available- much more use in this area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts