1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered mine,

Kuga Titanium, Panther Black, parking sensors, appearance pack, mats and fuel

New 2 wheel drive version

Discounts and on the road 1st March for....................

£17500 :)
Edited by: Griff

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Knew you would do it!!!!

Welcome to Planet Kuga. We come in peace and to save the world from the Quiashquains who want to flood the universe with their inferior craft.

Seriously, you won't regret your choice. Its a fantastic car.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems were from the same part of the country as well my friend..............

Dont suppose you would mind pooping around with yours sometime to have a closer look at what I am getting? :)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hmmmm. Depends where you are in Wiltshire.

Mines a Black Panther too, convenience pack, full leather, pano roof, bluetooth etc but no parking sensors
so having the tinted glassI have to watch my behind! Did you deal with Edwards Ford?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Griff has made a great choice and at a fantastic price but some how I imagined he might be a bit more of a 2.5 cc man having seen the pics of his previous car.

Griff on holiday

·
Registered
295 Posts
championkuga said:
Why do you disapprove Mouse?
In my opinion a Kuga with 2 wheel drive is like a Ferrari with a 3 cylinder diesel engine that goes for 0 - 60 mph in 12 seconds

If it looks like a SUV it should have 4WD otherwise it is the same as all the Kia Sportages and Hyundai Tucson you see everywhere.
At this time it is in The Netherlands only available as 4WD and I think this is an excellent choice of Ford NL (instead of Ford Belgium where it has been available as a 2WD from day 1).

but like I said in my first sentence: it is only my opinion

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unless you plan on off roading which lets be honest how many of us in the UK can honestly say that then there will not be a noticeable difference.............

And I am confident that Gary and the Team at Code Red can have a play and improve on performance :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
How do you think the 2wd will cope in the mud guys?

As my initial intensions in buying the Kuga was to tow a caravan, but in seeing that you can save nearly 2k on one slightly sways the "how often will I get stuck in mud" principal?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Exactly my point.................

Have you seen how it copes in the mud with 4WDsee the top gear video on utube - bottom line is it would in my opinion easily pull a caravan and across a slightly muddy field but would never match something like a freelander on the off road. But if I wanted to go off road seriously I would have gone for a freelander!

:)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Kuga is based around the Ford Focus family of components, although it has a unique body and an interior largely specific to it too. It's four-wheel drive, although its Haldex electronic clutch directs at least 95percent of the engine's torque to the front wheels most of the time, the rear axle called upon only when wheel slip is encountered.
There's no electronic braking of individual wheels - Ford considers this counter-productive on some surfaces in fact, though other 4x4s provide it - nor hill descent control, underlining the Kuga's role as a mainly on-road car

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Ah ha I'm pretty close to Old Sarum!

It is a fair point about the 4WD. The only off roading I will probably do is take a short cut down a gravel track. I'm afraid I'm just a yummy mummy who thinks she looks good driving a beautiful car. That is really sad isn't it? But it is one fantastic piece of machinery and a pleasure to own.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
championkuga said:
Ah ha I'm pretty close to Old Sarum!

It is a fair point about the 4WD. The only off roading I will probably do is take a short cut down a gravel track. I'm afraid I'm just a yummy mummy who thinks she looks good driving a beautiful car. That is really sad isn't it? But it is one fantastic piece of machinery and a pleasure to own.

Yummy mummies always look good in a kuga :)

I do like it and thats why I have parted with my hard earned cash and ordered one :) Be nice to see one like I am getting in the flesh mind! lol lol

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I know Panther Black is pretty posey but I think it really suits the car although there has been a lot of discussion on the forum about colours. I have had stick from my mates telling me I look like a drug dealer or gangster when I turn up

1 - 20 of 40 Posts