Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
HI Wildyce,

Thats what Im doing, chap coming round to look at the garage door next week.

I have the same 'scary' situation as ChampionKuga with regards getting the car in and out of the garage, very very tight. (Even though I haven't got my Kuga yet)! Folding door mirrors absolute must.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have gone from a Zetec to a Titanium with X pack. Very disappointed with the full leather seats; there are no side/lateral supports to the seats, which is particularly important with a full leather seat! Choose the X pack option and the sport seat feature is eliminated.

The solar screen and panorama impede any portable sat nav device. The satellite signals are restricted by the sun screening films within the glass. You need to have an external antenna to restore good reception, especially in built up areas.

Everything else is fine. I like the fact that you can easily convert the xenon lights to dip to the right when driving in europe.

·
Registered
287 Posts
got the titanium AWD in silver (best colour for not having to wash it often) didnt get blue tooth with it ( I thought it came as standard) BIG mistake,get it a real must.
didn't get auto folding mirrors another slap round face to self.
got x-pack and convenience pack ( panoramic roof -no point if you never carry passenfres though)
leather seats. Ok but I'd have been happy with standard half leather and am worried over having to clean them later as I note the stiching is white!! and thats going to be REALLY difficult to keep that way.
I gather bigger alloys dont make a lot of difference unless you go to 19" and want to use offroad!
didn't get privacy glass as its too common and reminds most of drug dealers ( dark glass) and I prefer to see everywhere so good decision there.
bets bits I did get were boot liner,stainless steel scuff plates (brill) .
ideally if I had it again i would buy.
titanium,AWD in silver +panoramic roof+electric folding mirrors+boot liner+stainless scuff plates+rear bumper protecter. IF i was rich enough i'd go for teh built in sat nav but at £1200 its at at least overpriced by 100% -120%.
I wont buy bigger alloys as i climb kerbs too often! as they are much easier to damage and do seriuos internal damage to tyres when doing so . ideally I would like teh front wing 'inserts'(always in silver) to be crome finished and the rear plastic 'plate' between exhausts under bumper to be finished in chome too.
last but not least--- cruise control-needs thumbwheel for speed adjustment rather than teh silly 'clicking' buttons on steering wheel and better still an infrared l;asr beam to auto adjust cruise speed to car in front (up to set speed point) so you didnt have to constantly adjust speed settings! Ford take note!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought an already built car and wanted roof rails so fitted them myself,another would be bluetoothin some respects would like the glass roof.

Sat nav - I bought a tomtom one in the USA last year for $80. Its works fine with full signal through the windscreen straight away. The idea of built in is much easier I am sure but the problem is they are expensive and other than software not upgradable.

BUT - I only use sat nav now and then (£50), I have a bluetooth head set (£25) and its never sunny up north and I ain't a millionaire.

After hearing DAB (if you buy a cheapo radio from curry's you can't tell the difference)but now I have it in a carI would never go back to FM.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Although my car was an Ex demo which was fitted with options, two things I wished it was fitted with would be folding wing mirrors, & Bluetooth, most of the other options I could fit from the accessory catologue, like my mudflaps which I have fitted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
HTG said:
I like the fact that you can easily convert the xenon lights to dip to the right when driving in europe.

HTG - Grateful for some pointers on how you achieve this - I will be driving in France next month ...

·
Administrator
2,975 Posts
Basil said:
HTG said:
I like the fact that you can easily convert the xenon lights to dip to the right when driving in europe.

HTG - Grateful for some pointers on how you achieve this - I will be driving in France next month ...
Likewise hopefully will also be taking mine abroad this year so any tips and guidance on this would be great.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Winston is a bigger boy than previous cars so folding mirrors and parking sensors are a must. The bluetooth and USB connection are great but if you've got your music loaded then no need to go for the six CD changer. Drug dealer windows look good with moondust silver but Winston's owner suits this type of image anyway.Maybe the problem of reversing at night time with drug delaer glass may be alleviated by turning off the auto dim for the interior mirror!Still need to sort the scuff plates for the door sills and bumper protection as these are vulnerables spots. Don't worry too much about the size of the wheels, standard seem good on Winston.
Have tried 2 Tom Tom sat navs and both work fine.

·
Registered
855 Posts
We have the Titanium in Chill. Also have the following fitted: Appearance Pack and Bluetooth (free in March 09), Panoramic roof, Convenience Pack (keyless entry, folding mirrors and parking sensors), DAB stereo and standard wheels.

I tried to have the sat nav and camera fitted about a month after ordering but was told the VIN number had been supplied so was too far down the line. Realise now it is far too expensive anyway.

Also added a boot liner, scuff plate on rear bumper and have cut down the aerial to be able to reverse in the garage without removing it.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
BEWARE!! Reception via DAB radio facility is one word "poor" and that is with the standard fit Ford Kuga aerial so just be careful, only had car just over a week and find myself switching from DAB to Fm as receptionis generally for superior . . . . . . Isn't technology justabsolutely brilliant?? Bob.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts