Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im on the point of ordering one of these cars in 'built' form, obviously being already built they give little room for manouvre on what is/is not on the spec sheet.

Im thinking firstly of the titanium as a starting point, then 3 packs.... X pack, Appearance & Convenience , oh yes and bluetooth.

How about wheels, standard, 18s or 19s. The 19s do look great but how is ride and steering affected.

Any constructive commentson must haves or not haves would be appreciated.

What about colours, the car does lend itself to black but its many years since i had a black car and they were always a B..... to keep, great when first washed but youcould never get away without leathering......certainly no good for 'drip dry'

·
Registered
102 Posts
Would never have another car without bluetooth after buying mine and the ipod connection is great. Wish I'd gone for built in sat nav rather than continuing to use my tomtom and wish I'd gone for panaoramic sunroof. Otherwise, the Titanium spec is perfect. Parking sensors not needed as the Kuga has good visibility and glad I've not got leather as the cloth/leather combo looks good.
I'm also happy with my 17" alloys, although some people had reservations about them.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I've got the whole package except built in sat nav (No probs with Tom Tom) I've got Pano roof, 18" alloys, tinted windows, blue tooth, ipod,full leather seats, Panther Blacketc but I do wish I had gone for parking sensors. The tinted glass in the dark obscures the reversing lights quite a lot and reverse parking is a bit tricky but over all it is a fantastic car and no regrets about buying it.

Although it is labour intensive, the black looks great, but it is personal choice. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
championkuga said:
I've got the whole package except built in sat nav (No probs with Tom Tom) I've got Pano roof, 18" alloys, tinted windows, blue tooth, ipod,full leather seats, Panther Blacketc but I do wish I had gone for parking sensors. The tinted glass in the dark obscures the reversing lights quite a lot and reverse parking is a bit tricky but over all it is a fantastic car and no regrets about buying it.

Although it is labour intensive, the black looks great, but it is personal choice. Good luck in your search.
There are plenty of new kugas out there built as un sold units for quick delivery so they are not difficult to get hold of and Ive found discounts of up to £1800. Its the same old story though that you want to make sure you pick the right model/spec/colour etc as its an expensive mistake to get out of if you find youve dropped a proverbial 6 months in.

Incidentally I didnt think portable sat navs worked in these car due to the heat reflecting windscreen

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am dreaming a chill titanium + titanium x pack + 18s.

this configuration does notinclude sat nav since not supported in Turkey.
Edited by: xpug

·
Registered
69 Posts
championkuga said:

I've got the whole lot except for the 19" wheels - personally I prefer the 18" design.

The built-in Sat Nav is pretty stupid but it will get you to your destination - there are good things about it though - it does a top job integrating bluetooth, voice control and USB connectivity; It does have great sound; it does (I think) live traffic hot-spot reports; and best of all, it integrates the reversing camera with the parking sensors - which has been fantastic when parking.

Sea Grey colour is nice, but gets really dirrrrty!

Love it!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yep, portable sat nav does work. Takes about 10 seconds to get signal but once received, no problems at all.

On a funny note, the Ford dealer said you have to hold it out of the window (?!) to get the initial signal but have never had to do that plus it is rather dangerous driving that way!

·
Registered
584 Posts
I ordered the appearance pack and front/rear parking sensors for my Titanium................. Stuck with the standard wheels for now but hoping to find a set of aftermarket alloys - just have to see whats available against the stud fitment/pcd :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
My TomTom GO 940 LIVE works no problem. Picks a signal up within seconds....

Same with my GO 930 TM I had before it (which I swapped out due to the Traffic HD module not being available and got the dealer to replace it with me paying the difference citing Trading Standards as they sold it to me on the understanding the add on Traffic HD module would be available by end Nov 2008).

·
Registered
23 Posts
In my opinion the convenience pack is a must. The sensors are invaluable. I also went for the roof rails only option. The blacked out windows that come with the appearance packdo nothing for me and I feel spoil the look of the car, particularly on titaniums with theirblue glass.
As forwhat I would have had. Ihave the standard titanium 17 inch alloys.They are fine butin my opinion not as good looking as the standard zetec ones. I would have loved bigger wheels but could not justify the cost to myself on a car that I will berenewing in two years.

In the current weather I would have loved heated front seats. The £200 investment seems like a small price to pay when it is -3 outside.

Hope this helps with people's choices.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi gavmeister

I agree with you about the privacy glass, it is very dark. I took out a Zetec with this option on it and my 5 yr old hated it she couldn't see out. I do alot of driving in the lanes on Dartmoor and having to reverse at night would be extremely difficult. I know you get reversing sensors but it would still be a little 'hairy'.

Im actually looking for a Titanium with convience packthat's the only option that I need.

The Titanium is very well equiped anyway. I went to the dealer to see if they had such a vehicle and was told there was only one available already built and that was still in Germany otherwise it will be 3/4 month wait. Will be going back to the dealer next week to see if it is still there or sold. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would say the parking sensors are a must. I have never had them on a vehicle before and always poo-poohed them, but on the Kuga even I am thankful for them.

The privacy glass whilst it looks good is a pain and nighttime visibility is seriously restricted to the extent that reversing could be dangerous as it is difficult to see people (so best have those reversing sensors)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am so glad that I ordered the Kuga with the Electric folding mirrors. The kuga just fits through the garage door with the mirrors folded in. I would have been gutted if I had to get out and fold the mirrors in/out everytime I took the Kuga in or out of the garage.

We have a 9 month year old son so my wife thinks that the keyless entry is a must and makes getting in to the kuga a doddle especially when she is loaded up with all her bags and is carring our little man. She loves the fact thatshe can unlock the car with her keys still in her bag.

·
Registered
113 Posts
In a moment of weakness, I reversed into another car yesterday- so off to the bodyshop next week for a new bumper and bye bye my £250 excess. I do have the reverse sensors, but I was going a bit too quick - missus is having a field day as I wouldn't let her take it to work in the snow and ice last week as I said she wouldn't be able to park it........

So I'd like four tyres - one each to hang over a corner like they do on boats! - oh and another really big tractor sized one so I can curl up and d......

Edited by: Wildyce

·
Registered
731 Posts
I definately agree with you about the folding mirrors, I bought a Kuga home while out on a test drive, it didn't have the folding mirrors and would not have fitted in the garage without my husband's help guiding me back with the mirrors folded. It certainly was a tight squeeze but she did go in thankfully. Folding mirrors are on the top of my spec list.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Wildyce
I actually did the very same thing in my Fiesta while in lanes this morning, reversed too quickly and hit the hedge! Very red faced I was too!!!!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Folding mirror option is essential. We garage our Kuga every night and although it is tight, it has been great to get it out on these frosty mornings with no hassle, scraping, defroster etc. The only thing is, I am petrified of driving it in to the garage and leave that to hubby. There is literally milimetres either side and I would be gutted if I scraped it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts