Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

i'm looking to place an order this week for a 2WD diesel titanium Kuga. I live in birmingham and having spoken to about 6 different dealers i've got 6 vastly different prices.

I have no trade in and am looking at taking a PCP.

Do any of you know which dealers are offering the best deals at the moment. i'm happy to travel nationwide to get the best price.

Ideally i need to get something ASAP, but i've heard as they stopped manufacturer for 6 weeks that they are all out of stock now so it's likely to be a 6 week order.

Any help would be appreciated as i find car sales men bloody hard work !

cheers

dave

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not sure when they'd have stopped then... mine was apparently built this week. Good luck!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi, We got Winston factory built to our spec through www.drivethedeal.com excellent service and we picked him up from the Ford Dealer, no problems and saved us a fortune. Local dealers couldn't get anywhere near the price. Another recommended site is broadspeed

·
Registered
18 Posts
hello

just had a look on drive the deal and it was 2k over the price i have just paid for a 4wd zetec with appearance pack in vision and blue tooth. plus i got £200 extras on top. got mine from local family run dealers .

gary

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
hello all. I bought my Titanium 2WD in Feb and collected March 1st so things might be different now, but i found the cheapest price was Archers of Ashby ford main dealer. I quoted their price at my local dealer in Grays, Essex "Rates Ford", and they matched the price no problems. They then went further by giving me a full tank of diesel, rear mats to match the Tit`s front ones, a years tax,appearance pack, metallic and bluetooth. I found the dealer really good, and would recomend them totally. New car manager Luke is unusual in being quite nice and straight talking.. if you know what i mean...
They also tranfered my private reg no problems.
Edited by: BruceKuga

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Brand new Kuga's at this moment are about as rare as puffins teeth. In my opinion Polar Ford were not that interested, no demo available and salesman ranted on and on about Ford's poor availability in general Kuga,Fiesta and KA Evans Halshaw however are definately worth contacting. Finally beware some dealers who have aKuga available in a week or so wanted to charge full list priceone asked if I would betaking advantage of the scrappage scheme? the scrappage schemeanother golden opportunity for some, but not quite sure who for customer or dealer,sodraw some blood and shop around.

·
Registered
58 Posts
£18,400 for new 2wd zetec with appearence pack, blue tooth, DAB and metallic paint?

we have a few puffins up our way.

·
Registered
385 Posts
bobuptown which polarford did you go too ? i found polarford wimslow very good,stockport were ok,i have bought 2 kugas off polarford wimslow,no body could touch them on price this included evanshalshaw old trafford,they could not match the price,dispite there price promise,i asked them about it they said they are not owned by ford like polarford and dag motors ford retail.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi Kugace Yeah I am sorted thanks delivery 4/6 weeks. Was a tad disappointed with the dealership you mentioned spoke to a Phil at Wilmslow? no demos available and as a result don't think he was too **sed to be honest similar story at same dealership in Warrington they had a demo (electric white) but it was the managers car? he was off that dayand vehicle was not available weekends? headvised me to just order one ? yeah right. To be fair if you have purchased from this dealership before then fair comment but when I started to enquire about a test drive both of these same group dealers could not/would notprovide one which I thought was odd until I visited Evans Halshaw Alty and M/cr exactly the same story but they they were honest enough to tell me the reason wasas soon as a demo comes on there demo fleet primarily because of the long build times customers were queuing up to buy them and they are sold. I did find a Ford Dealer in Bolton whoprovided me witha test drive of sorts and then just refused point blank to budge from list price telling me that they are rare and wouldn't I like to be an owner of one, onceagain delivery hequoted was mid to late September mine isduein late July early August.

·
Registered
385 Posts
how times have changed,kuga s back in january were not sellig well and there was a lot of stock at dealers group compondsand at ford componds,the dealers were an extra bonus of £1500 FOR GETTING RID OFOLD STOCK build date before december 15/12/2008 OR AS THEY CALL IT IN THE TRADE GATE RELEASE DATE,i have seen the prices and i am so glad i boughtin march kuga titanium awd app pack,con pack,tit x pack,bluetooth sea grey 19 inch wheels£20800
i think this list price would be about £28000,i got diamond brite for £rs200 i did not rate the paint work on the first kuga i had thats why i went for diamond brite,paint appears very thin,i found a couple of marks on the paint work which dealer sorted out

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
The whisper is getting louder in respect of the Kuga's rising popularity I think the pearlescent paint problem which I had on my current two yr oldcar (Vauxhall) which is soon to be changed was probably down totodays widely used water based paints they are without doubt softer and by definition a bit more fragile and certainly lack any deep shine current vehiclelooks fine when first washed and waxed however after a short timethe that so so shiny finish actually looks matt. To be fair on the supplying dealerthey used a contractor to prepare there vehicles and mine was full ofvery fine scratches all over the vehicle they used something? Shield and prior to application they must of used a mild abrasive to remove fine scratches it looked great when it went in however two years on it looks 10yrs old so my opinion is that this Something Shield? which they applied to vehicleand apologisedand thenhanded me a Special Shield Conditioner to be used once every bla bla, with instructions to chuck two capfuls in a bucket but to honest I still think it's all down to the soft water based paints used in motor manufacturing today sadlyit is certainly not as robust as traditional hard/cellulose based paints I suspectit's all a compromise, crap paint is used to save the planet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hello

when i was looking about I found polar ford crap,spoke to 3 dealers Macclesfield, Warrington and Wilmslow and they acted like it was all to much trouble for them.used a small family run firm in congleton called BURNS when i finally purchased, they were very good.

Gary

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi GLI999 I tried to avoid using your description aboutPolar Ford but have to agree 100% they were poor, and like you pointed out everything was far too much trouble but as Kugace gave nothing but praise for Polar then you dohave to wonder perhaps there first impressions was that I looked as though I did not have two halfpennies to rub together and in about a month or so time they will be spot on Lol.Sadly good serviceis such a lottery perhaps this dealer chain get a salary whether they sell motors or sit on there hands all day. Unfortunately some dealers are so set in there ways they refuse to change and with many closing unfortunately some not so good ones left will have a monopoly in certain areas and as a result the couldn't care less attitude cycle continues. Good service and good experiences should be highlighted but like everything in lifeeach individuals personal experiences can beextremely subjective.Good service V A Massive discountand of course it's only natural we all want both.What would youchoose Good service or massive discount . . . . what say you?

·
Registered
212 Posts
seems i got both,from polarford maybe it was luck just got a good salesperson,but i would like to see the sales managers face if he saw the comments on this forum,and yes they get a bonus for each car sale,i went to a lot of garages before buying and got to say they were not all so helpful,evanshalshaw ashton beingcrap,just buy the car without a test drive i donot think so,not even an offer to drive a used kuga.evanshalshaw were ok at old trafford,let me test drive a kuga zetec,but the price was expensive,peoples in liverpool also no demo s for test drive,lookers in sheffield ok they took me to a storage place they had where i saw 6 kuga s all very dirty looked 10 years old stored in an old factory,this was the first kuga i saw with an x pack fitted,so yes mixed experance

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi Kugace, as always thanks for your comments like I saidcar dealership experiences are so subjective different people have totally different experiences Polar for me personally were poor Evans Halshaw at least tried to be interested not sure whether the situation has changed now but nobody locally in either dealer chains had a Kuga demonstrator which I find just bizarreand like you said some dealers wanted you to put an order in firstbefore having a test drive and were mystified when you refused, now I may be daft but I am not stupid? but there you go, with that mentality buying anything for a consumer can be made more difficult than it need be. Finally I don't think car dealer managers will lose sleep over any comments written about them I just think they wouldn't give a stuff the way they think is well there are 60+ million people in this Country of ours and it's just a case of OK NEXT!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.