Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this question has been asked before but here goes

is it possible to accidentally start to drive off while the car is still plugged into the charger - will the car not start or do you get a warning, i am just concerned that as plugging the car in will be a new thing for me and the charger socket is on the other side of the car from where i will get in

·
Registered
2021 S/Silver Vignale 225 FWD PHEV
194 Posts
As far as I know, you probably could, but you get more than enough warnings beforehand as visual and audible alerts. You'd have to WANT to drive away with it attached.

·
Registered
2015 TDCi 150 Zetec with all optional extras
81 Posts
You could always hook a taser to the rearview mirror, connect the trigger using a relay NO, connect the COM to the charging system, use the IGN to power the coil. If you turn on the IGN with the charge lead connected, the relay should stop you from starting the engine. EVA

·
Registered
2020 KUGA 2.5 PHEV ST-Line First Edition 5dr CVT
6 Posts
Yep, it WILL NOT let you start up

·
Registered
2020, Kuga PHEV, ST Line X.
36 Posts
Tested today. No matter how you try, you wont be able to start a car untill you unplug cable.

·
Registered
Kuga 2021 ST-Line X PHEV Magnetic
105 Posts
I've done it too. Although you get a dash warning it can get lost in low fuel warnings and seatbelt warnings etc

Reactions: njkmr

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The car wont turn on if it's still plugged in, you also get a warning on the dash.
I was hoping there was something like that - although after 35 years of driving I haven't driven off with the pump nozzle still in the filler .....

·
Registered
2020 Kuga ST-Line X First Edition PHEV
4 Posts
Odd why some people can't start their car at all. Mine starts up and I get a warning on the screen to say unplug the charging lead and I can't put the car into gear.

·
Registered
2020, Kuga PHEV, ST Line X.
36 Posts
Odd why some people can't start their car at all. Mine starts up and I get a warning on the screen to say unplug the charging lead and I can't put the car into gear.
Car doesnt start, its just ON in "first position" same as if you start it without foot on the brake. If you unplug the cable, you have to press start button again to be able to drive.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am guessing it’s like that so you can do the remote warm up

·
Registered
2021 S/Silver Vignale 225 FWD PHEV
194 Posts
Out of curiosity tried it on my Auto Vignale.
You get visual reminders on your screen.
Car will start, but steering wheel remains 'locked' and you're unable to shift the Gear selector from 'P'.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts