Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
161 - 180 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
2016, ‘65 Plate’ Kuga Titanium X Sport 2.0TDCI Euro 6 180 PS AWD Powershift, Moondust Silver, Sync 3
24 Posts
I remember putting a mazda 6 on my ramp not long ago and got such a shock at how bad it was underneath. You would of thought it had been sat in a pond for the last 10yrs even though the car was only 4yrs old. In comparison the kuga i have worked on are 10 times cleaner underneath.
Yeah I agree- I think the Kuga looks pretty good underneath actually. The suspension components not so much with the poor paint on these bits, they seem to get a lot of surface rust and also nuts/ bolts etc. However, the floor pan, sills and all the bits that used to rot in cars in the past are holding up pretty well. Crash bar behind bumper looks ropey as it has some surface rust too but that’s getting removed soon when I replace with a westfalia detachable tow bar that I intend to use with a to be bought bike rack, and maybe my parent’s touring caravan from time to time.

·
Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Every mazda i have worked on has been a right pain because of the rust....... I don't use spanners when changing suspension bits i go straight for the grinder now, good cars but love to rust.

·
Mr. Happy. “Sweet Cheeks”
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
2,974 Posts
He's mentioned it twice now??

Has johncam not been told of the word..................M.A.Z.D.A...............................It's BANNED in here John.

You will start a huge "Off topic conversation"........................It's not allowed matey 🙏

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
9,693 Posts
@johncam - just so you are up to speed on the "M" word.

When I first joined the forum I wasn't too happy with the Kuga as my previous car was a Japanese model that produced models by numbers, i.e. 2, 3, 5, 6 etc. I had a 6 first gen and owned it for 7 years which is possibly too long but I loved that car. It took a bit of getting used to the Kuga. So it would appear unknown to me that I often used to make references to my previous car and it was picked up on by a couple of our members, who remain nameless but they know who they are, and one day one of them said [email protected], I never knew you owned a [email protected], then i clicked so I am now forbidden for mentioning their brand.

@Happyarry - it's ok for others to mention the M word, just not me lol.

·
Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Ahhhhhhhhhh.......... it makes sense now. Thought i was loosing the plot....... I wouldn't worry to much because in a few more years they will have all turned to dust. 🤣

Why do i get a feeling i will be getting a holiday from the forum soon !

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
3,407 Posts
@smartguy69, did you have a Mazda? You've never mentioned it 🤐

·
Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Mind you the CX5 looks like a canny car and the one i drove was a nice place to be but its a rust thing for me that stops me from owning one. Got enough with the evo to keep me busy fixing jap crap....... I always say learn to weld if you buy a jap car.

·
9,693 Posts
Mind you the CX5 looks like a canny car and the one i drove was a nice place to be but its a rust thing for me that stops me from owning one. Got enough with the evo to keep me busy fixing jap crap....... I always say learn to weld if you buy a jap car.
Mine was 12 years old when I sold it. It never even had an exhaust. Just some very tiny rust spots around the rear wheel arches. Looks like it has deteriorated though looking at the last MOT in March

Repair immediately (major defects):
Offside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area excessively corroded significantly reducing structural strength big hole in floor (5.3.6 (a) (i))
Nearside Front Lower Suspension arm ball joint excessively worn rear (5.3.4 (a) (i))
Nearside Rear Service brake excessively binding (1.2.1 (f))
Nearside Rear Brake disc significantly and obviously worn (1.1.14 (a) (i))
Nearside Rear Suspension arm corroded and seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))

·
Administrator
3,407 Posts
@johncam, see what you've started 🤦‍♂️

·
9,693 Posts
It brought some happy memories back. Just don't mention DPF.

·
Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
I had a 6 myself and had issues with the DPF also. Couldn't buy aftermarket for it and the stealers wanted a small fortune for one so it got sold.

·
9,693 Posts
I had a 6 myself and had issues with the DPF also. Couldn't buy aftermarket for it and the stealers wanted a small fortune for one so it got sold.
An Austrian mechanic told my they had many issues with DPF in the early mk6 and Mazda brought out a software update to help it. Mine had never had the update despite it being serviced by the main dealer for the first 5 years of its life. Makes you wonder why it was never updated bearing in mind if it failed a regen it was a trip to the dealer. Mine was ok after that for about 18 months or so. It was a bad system and would never buy another one of their diesel cars.

·
Administrator
3,407 Posts
Do you 2 want to get a room? :love:

·
Mr. Happy. “Sweet Cheeks”
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
2,974 Posts
Went out at 8.30 am drove to Dedham in Suffolk and placed Kayak 9.30 in the river Stour and paddled up to Flatford Mill ( Constable's Hay wain painting) then continued up to Catterwade, approx.2.5 hours.
Stopped and had a couple of rolls and pork pies ( and some cake) coffee .

Then paddled ALL the way back to Dedham, got home at 4.30pm.......................Great day out in the country.

Reactions: Obo110

·
Super Moderator
5,890 Posts
Kuga left I’m the garage and scampered off to London for the day, took in a show “Mama Mia”, then Nando’s and home. Walked 8 miles.

161 - 180 of 220 Posts