Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
141 - 160 of 221 Posts

·
Mr. Happy. “Sweet Cheeks”
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
2,974 Posts
Loaded the thing to the top with a friends fallen tree ( well dried) and took it home for next years log burner.

Then got the vacuum (Hoover to us oldens) and gave it a good clean out.

Job well done. (y)

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
9,693 Posts
Loaded the thing to the top with a friends fallen tree ( well dried) and took it home for next years log burner.

Then got the vacuum (Hoover to us oldens) and gave it a good clean out.

Job well done. (y)
Just chopped down a load of trees. A shame you don't live closer but I cut them and store them for the fire pit when we have BBQs in the summer. I got two 1 ton bags in the shed full of logs from cut trees from my garden.

·
Mr. Happy. “Sweet Cheeks”
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
2,974 Posts
Shame you do live a bit too far for a bag of logs Smarty.
Tree's and good wood will be hard to find soon as this GAS & LECKY has gone mental, People will be looking to install an alternative source of heating (Log Burner).
Depending on the tree you still have to have it sit for a minimum of a year to reduce the moisture content.

·
Super Moderator
5,890 Posts
Never waited for them to dry for the bonfire!

These were the days, “chumping “ as we called it, chopping down tress.

·
Super Moderator
5,890 Posts
No midget gems, no more “bah bah black sheeplike, no blackboard.

I went on a days course for such things and was told of the origins of “nitty gritty”. Quite sad really.

Everyone uses it now, so everyone is woke when they want to be. 🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
5,890 Posts
Whilst I was out doing my “on the buses, inspector Blakey “ the other day.

I entered that male domain of the bog. Stood there was a young lass combing her hair.
I thought so be it, and carried on, as you do.

Can’t make my mind up, non binary, transgender or “other”. I guess the one that has the most monetary benefits and the loudest say. 🤔

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
2,173 Posts
Whilst I was out doing my “on the buses, inspector Blakey “ the other day.

I entered that male domain of the bog. Stood there was a young lass combing her hair.
I thought so be it, and carried on, as you do.

Can’t make my mind up, non binary, transgender or “other”. I guess the one that has the most monetary benefits and the loudest say. 🤔
Ah now you see she they might be gender neutral so can use any bog.
The Munich beer fest is best all the women use the mens bogs because theres never a queue, and since the invention of the she wee its easy (y)

·
Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Tracking done today so mine drives nice and straight again. Going to give it a good bath tomorrow and a possible polish if i can be bothered as its been a crazy week at work.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Ah now you see she they might be gender neutral so can use any bog.
The Munich beer fest is best all the women use the mens bogs because theres never a queue, and since the invention of the she wee its easy (y)
I thought Ford had provided a she wee for the wife when I picked up the car. It was only when I was looking through the manual I saw what it was supposed to be used for! 🤣🤣

·
Registered
2016, ‘65 Plate’ Kuga Titanium X Sport 2.0TDCI Euro 6 180 PS AWD Powershift, Moondust Silver, Sync 3
24 Posts
I got around to replacing the rear wheel bearings on my car. There has been some noise from the rear for a few weeks, first of all thought it was the winter tyres, changed them to summer but still noisy. Then I replaced the oil in the rear diff. Noise still there. Oil change needed so worth doing. Finally tracked the noise down to the rear passenger side bearing. The bearings come as complete hubs. As I’ve done previously I bought my parts from Autodoc and I selected Moog bearings (FD-WB-12835), they were on an unbelievable deal at £53 each plus £9 delivery so I snapped them up. Prices do fluctuate a lot on Autodoc for some reason! They arrived about two weeks later from Germany. Autodoc are good if you’re happy to wait.

Although only one bearing was noisy I decided to change both to save the hassle of getting tools out again and all ready to do the work, probably when the weather is less favourable. I also changed over the rear disc backing plates (FINIS 1741413). The old backing plates were very badly corroded so for £18 the new ones were put on. These come off when hub is removed anyway. I bought these from Rates Ford on eBay.

To top it all off my rear silencer was leaking, it failed at the weld/ join where the pipe enters the back box, seems to have corroded through. The new aftermarket (Klarius) silencer has support plates where the pipe joins the silencer box so hopefully will prevent this happening prematurely. New silencer on and no more leaks, just had to measure and cut centre pipe near rear subframe to allow joining of new box to centre section, as exhaust from factory is full length with no breaks in it’s from DPF to tail pipe. Used some assembly paste at join and a u bolt/ bracket to connect. The rear silencer was part number FE1195H from Klarius.

Hopefully nothing else will crop up. The car is doing well for just over six years old, I do think the exhaust should have lasted longer mind you! My 2004 focus petrol had the original when it left me in 2017.

I am planning a long summer drive so making sure car is in good shape. Think we will be ok🤞🏻

Thanks for reading but in summary over the last few weeks the car has had:

Discs and pads all round replaced
Rear Differential oil replaced
Transfer box oil replaced
Engine oil and filter changed
Rear wheel bearings/ hubs replaced
New rear disc backing plates
Rear silencer replaced

Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Vehicle brake Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Vehicle brake Tread
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Automotive exterior
Rectangle Organism Font Circle Water

·
Registered
2016, ‘65 Plate’ Kuga Titanium X Sport 2.0TDCI Euro 6 180 PS AWD Powershift, Moondust Silver, Sync 3
24 Posts
Good job, unbelievable how much corrosion is under the uk cars.
Keep salting the roads.
Yes they really do chuck the salt down at any hint of frost or ice. I live in Scotland, I’m sure if you compared a car from south England to a Scotland based car the corrosion would be quite noticeably different. I am very jealous of dry & warm countries where cars look brand new underneath compared to cars here. ☀

·
Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
I remember putting a mazda 6 on my ramp not long ago and got such a shock at how bad it was underneath. You would of thought it had been sat in a pond for the last 10yrs even though the car was only 4yrs old. In comparison the kuga i have worked on are 10 times cleaner underneath.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Took the car to the office after being away from it for 4 weeks (overseas business trips, a couple of days leave and a couple WFH)
150 mile round trip and Stop/Start started Stopping/Starting after135 miles.
I was surprised. 🤔

141 - 160 of 221 Posts