Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
521 - 540 of 546 Posts

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182HP 400Nm (T8MA) MMT6
1,197 Posts
Just been out to the car and the N/S outer light is full of condensation again so i guess the hunt is on to find a LED light unit :mad:....

Bought 3 already 2 new one second hand. The new units were bought from ebay and one didn't fit right and the other lit up around the outside and mine only lights up at the bottom. The second hand unit turned up smashed because of currier drivers kicking it about. How hard can it be to get a light :( Dealers want a fortune and the usual company's don't have any in stock.
Is it not better to try add RTV silicons sealant around the clear cover?
I'm afraid the most of them can have the same issue. Like I know about my taillights to don't flush them too long because they will condesate for a long time after that, it's a common thing on kuga...

·
“The Wise One”
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #522 ·
Well today has been service day for mine 6k done since i first bought the car. I always change all the filters at 6k regardless because they are cheap for my model and i always like to keep the engine in excellent running condition.

Reactions: MaoVi

·
“The Wise One”
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #523 ·
4 way alignment checked and tweaked today........... this car gets more attention than my wife :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182HP 400Nm (T8MA) MMT6
1,197 Posts
4 way alignment checked and tweaked today........... this car gets more attention than my wife :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Do you have standard settings for alignment?
I noticed the tyres of front outside edges are excessive used. I can confirm I drive quite fast on the edge of grip sometimes I go understeer. I would like to change my car characteristic to more oversteer, but I think thicker rear sway bar could help with it more than alignment settings...

·
Registered
Mk3 Titainium 1st Ed, Lucid Red 1.5 Diesel
707 Posts
With reference to my previous posts #494 & #496 - Car Plan No1 car wash. Today I washed the car using just warm clean water, microfibre mitt, hose pipe rinse off and shammy leather dried.

Very impressed with the finish. Traffic film, stains and all the usual crap easily washed off, still as shinny as last week.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Gave the Kuga a rest; it had a full drink and some screen wash.. So put 150 miles on a Kawasaki instead. Dentdale,
Sun Inn at Dent for a quick resfresment..

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
679 Posts
Two rear tyres fitted, now have a full complement of Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season.

First comment from Wayne of KwikFit "Why are you changing these they have lots of life left in them?"
Agreed there was still 4mm tread but the tread was cracking around the bottom of each block. Cant complain 64.5k miles on the original tyres.
Then booked 6 th service (being done early on years and miles) and nearly cried at the price. £430 from local dealer plus the £190 for fitting new air vent and I suspect front and rear pads. 😱😧😥😢😭

·
“The Wise One”
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #529 ·
Do you have standard settings for alignment?
I noticed the tyres of front outside edges are excessive used. I can confirm I drive quite fast on the edge of grip sometimes I go understeer. I would like to change my car characteristic to more oversteer, but I think thicker rear sway bar could help with it more than alignment settings...
Our hunter gear does all the maths mate........ all i have to do is get the triangles into the correct positions so i don't really take much notice to be honest. Next time i do it i will take pictures of the process so it might help you but modern machines do it all for you.

·
“The Wise One”
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #530 ·
Full service done and new aftermarket mud flaps fitted to stop all the stone chips half way up the doors.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,602 Posts
It doesn't look as nice but the black plastic trims on the bottom of the Titanium does have its advantages.

·
“The Wise One”
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #532 ·
Both of my front doors have light scratches up them off the stones flicking up. Luckily my son is very handy with a machine polisher so he has volunteered to do his stuff and make them disappear 😀

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
2L Deisel Poweshift AWD half leather
57 Posts
I added reverse chime today, now I know what the "R" means on the gearstick 😵.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Do you know what, see I told you now I know what "R" is for now, I was having the exact same symptoms, I was thinking the Powershift gearbox was duff and in need of another oil change. I was just about to log that with my local stealer. Thanks for the informative video ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sun again, not complaining though.

Mmmm...Aliexpress parcel turned up today.
Smoked, mirror signal sweeping leds.
Just fitted them after some mods (as reported clip fit is shocking).
They look nice against the magnetic covers.
Off to Dorset tomorrow, lets see if they stay in place or not :sneaky:
Oh and test the gearbox over the coming day's 🤞✌

·
Mr. Happy. “Sweet Cheeks”
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
3,445 Posts
The motor's sitting outside on the drive and it's absolutely covered in DUST.

With the way the water situation is at the moment I am NOT going out there with a hosepipe to have all my neighbours giving me grief ( No hosepipe ban yet here tho).

So they recon it's gonna chuck it down Mon- Thursday next week, so I will let the rain wash the dust off for me.

Bye the way it is Friday today which means BEER NIGHT and some music tonight on here "The Friday Night Music Club".

·
Registered
2010 (60) Kuga Titanium TDCI 163 TXDA
8 Posts
Today I spent 3 hours trying to remove the nuts from the rear offside wheel, the 4 ordinary ones were <quite> easy despite a 1000Nm 20 volt impact wrench having no effect, so I ended up using a 3 foot strong bar, get both feet on the handle and bounce up and down like a demented Jack in a box until they yielded with an almighty crack, unfortunately the locking wheel nut was destroyed despite being as gentle as possible with it so tomorrow will be spent drilling the middle of the wheel stud out and hoping the excess tension works in my favour. 5 new studs on order to replace the old ones just in case they have been fatigued by being over-tightened so much.

·
Super Moderator
7,036 Posts
Wow. When was the last time they were off?

I’m just waiting for my new wheels nuts to arrive. They look like they have longer hex shanks and we’re recommended by our resident technician @johncam.

Reactions: johncam
521 - 540 of 546 Posts