Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
481 - 500 of 546 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,650 Posts
Only us oldens call them "HOOVERS".....................They are all vacuum cleaners guys.

The "Hoover" building is out on the A40 in Middlesex and has been a Tesco store for many years.
The old building is actually flats and still a wonderful example of art deco architecture. The old warehouse was demolished for the Tesco but they have sold a chunk of the site for redevelopment into tower blocks. This has not gone down at all well with the locals as you can imagine as the quiet suburban streets will soon be overlooked by 18 storey blocks

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,602 Posts
Sometimes it's like living in a vacuum.
I used our wet and dry vac to hoover some mess under the floorboards where I had installed a new radiator in a bedroom that I had recently decorated. I forgot the vac was in wet mode without the filters in and got a big shock when I turned around and saw the dust was everywhere. Oops.

Point bein living in a vacuum could be very dusty.

·
Mr. Happy. “Sweet Cheeks”
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
3,445 Posts
It's a shame cos Tesco did have the main frontage all lite up at night and it looked good.

I remember the "Firestone " building on the A4 West London, I measured a couple of scaffolding jobs in there.

It got demolished and they got into BIG trouble, It was a listed building but once it was down it was to late!

Sky Building Window Urban design Tints and shades

·
Super Moderator
3,650 Posts
Firestone's is less than two miles from me. It had a mysterious 'fire' gutting the vacant building the weekend before it was due to be listed.

The nondescript buildings which replaced it are due for demolition next year to be replaced by a new HQ for Citroen built in an art deco style.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Sounds like a good name and engine for a proper 4 x 4, not a vacuum cleaner lol.

I prefer corded for the car and use an old Goblin as it has good suction. Whilst cyclonic has no loss of suction, they don't suck as well as my old Goblin. I even made a special crevice tool to retrieve the McDonalds chips from between the seats.
A good suck from an old Goblin'. Guess I had better stop. Don't want to upset the Admins. 😘😘

·
Registered
679 Posts
It passed second mot. Advisories on both rear tyres cracking or perishing (still originals, 4 years old 66.5k miles). Front and rear pads wearing thin (still originals, 4 years old 66.5k miles, service due 4k miles). Rear brake discs worn, pitted or scored (take your pick, 4 years old 66,5k miles. Service due 4k miles).
£193 to repair broken vent at next service. 🤔 Could be expensive. 6th service, 75k miles plus all the other bits (after seeing @Andspeka's injuries not tackling anything myself)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Couldn't get a cab to collect it from garage. At 15:30 it was a 2 hour wait. Garage shut at 17:20.

·
“The Wise One”
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #488 ·
What vent is broken ..........

·
Registered
679 Posts
What vent is broken ..........
The one between steering wheel and Synch 3 screen. Gave up with a loud crunching sound like gears unmeshing or a screw binding. Won't close at all now. Never closed properly anyway despite being "repaired" under warranty a few years ago.

·
“The Wise One”
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #490 ·
That vent is very easy to get at with the unit out. As long as its the vent and nothing behind it causing the issue. I took all mine out when the apim decided to die on mine and you can have it all out in less than 15 mins. There are loads of videos on you tube showing you what to remove and if i am right there is only about 6-8 spline screws to remove and it will all be sitting on your seat.

·
Registered
679 Posts
That vent is very easy to get at with the unit out. As long as its the vent and nothing behind it causing the issue. I took all mine out when the apim decided to die on mine and you can have it all out in less than 15 mins. There are loads of videos on you tube showing you what to remove and if i am right there is only about 6-8 spline screws to remove and it will all be sitting on your seat.
Despite being a Service Engineer by trade I would rather let the "experts" deal with it, although someone once told me the definition of an expert.
An Ex is a has been and a Spurt is a drip under pressure. There is a name for these type of jokes but it fails me at the moment.

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
3,647 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
@Obo110

Have a look here..... FORD KUGA MK2 2013-2016 FRONT CENTRE RIGHT DRIVER SIDE DASHBOARD AIR VENT | eBay

They come out very easy, start at the horseshoe part closest to the windscreen with a trim tool, then remove the grille. There's 2 torx head bolts underneath, then remove 2 more torx head bolts to get the screen surround off, use a trim tool along the bottom, the vents just clip into the surround.
Thanks Matey, but trim tools, little space and reduced mobility and many other broken attempts at fixing cars has made me decide not to do-it-myself.
Purely personal choice as much as I would love to give it a go.

Reactions: NigelB

·
Registered
Mk3 Titainium 1st Ed, Lucid Red 1.5 Diesel
707 Posts
Had a free morning so decided to clean the car.

Washed as normal using supermarket shampoo, hosed off and dried using a shammy leather.

My neighbour had given me a bottle of Car Plan No 1 super gloss to try. Now, I’m a normal wax on wax off traditional guy from the 197O’s, but decided to give the car plan stuff a go.

Instructions on the bottle say to use sparingly, not in direct sunlight using a microfibre cloth to buff to shine, can be safely used on plastic trims and windows, except front windscreen.

We’ll it took me 15/20 mins for the entire car and I have to say that I’m very impressed with the results. Very easy to use, black plastic trims (no white staining when dry) and a nice high gloss finish.

The blurb on the bottle says it will last for 6 months before applying again Mmmm, time will tell but first impressions of the product is good. What’s left in the bottle will allow at least 4/5 further washes.

·
Super Moderator
7,036 Posts
As stated before I use the turtle wet wax after a car wash. Spray on wipe over and leave it shines itself.
This also says last for umpteen whatever but I find after just one was h the paint feels draggy again.
I gave him a quick Showroom Shine do today. It’s good stuff but messes up the cloths.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I’ll check later but I think I’ve read somewhere to next wash the car without using shampoo as the dirt is supposed not to stick after being treated with the car plan stuff.

I’ll do an update post after next wash with just clean water.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,602 Posts
I’ll check later but I think I’ve read somewhere to next wash the car without using shampoo as the dirt is supposed not to stick after being treated with the car plan stuff.

I’ll do an update post after next wash with just clean water.
Someone I knew years ago would only wash his car with plain water as he said that shampoo takes the wax off.

By coincidence I bought some Carplan No.1 the other week. £9 from Sainsburys which is cheaper than Amazon or halfords.

Reactions: The Painter

·
Registered
707 Posts
Someone I knew years ago would only wash his car with plain water as he said that shampoo takes the wax off.

By coincidence I bought some Carplan No.1 the other week. £9 from Sainsburys which is cheaper than Amazon or halfords.
£9. That’s cheaper than flea bay 😂

Reactions: smartguy69

·
“The Wise One”
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #499 ·
Auto gleam for me guys......... Snow foam ........ wash off ......... quick wipe over with ceramic coating.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Auto gleam for me guys......... Snow foam ........ wash off ......... quick wipe over with ceramic coating.
I’ll have a look at snow foam, now I’ve moved into the 21st Century

Reactions: Happyarry
481 - 500 of 546 Posts