Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for all models and hopefully a good talking point............

Today i gave mine a good clean inside and out now that the weather is starting to pick up again. Really need to get a machine polisher on mine as the previous owner didnt really take good care of the paint work. I have a week off work now so tomorrows job is to get the seats cleaned and check all the levels. I wont be using the car much this week but i really like to keep on top things so i get no nasty surprises when out in the car.

What have you lot been up to regarding your cars ?

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
9,693 Posts
Removed the dent in my bonnet following a recent visit to the MOT garage on Wednesday. They did the same to my wife's Mokka last year and I specifically asked them to ENSURE they closed the bonnet by dropping it.

·
Mr. Happy. “Sweet Cheeks”
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
2,974 Posts
Well I did give it a real going over after all that sodding Sahara sand landed all over it.

Took it to the local Leisure centre so I could play Table Tennis and the birds decided to leave their calling cards all over it.

Was not impressed......................But had some great games that day.

·
Registered
Kuga 1: 2017 Titanium Moondust Silver 1.5 Ecoboost. Kuga 2: 2016 Zetec Frozen White 1.5 Ecoboost.
78 Posts
Had both ours valeted!
I try to keep on top of washing them regularly myself every second weekend maybe in the summer but the interior was really badly needing attention and even the washing outside I've been letting it slide a bit too much over winter .
So a mate of mine is a car valeter with fully kitted out van and does a good job so had him over this weekend for the full works to give both Kugas a full going over, he was about 3 hrs on each car.
They're looking like brand new again inside and out and gives me a good base level again now to keep on top of them over the spring and summer months.

Reactions: Dawn R.

·
Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nothing better than spending a sunday car cleaning or nursing a hangover guys 🤣

·
Registered
874 Posts
Headline to the thread: Not a great lot, screen wash topped up.
Been parked up with trailer on driveway, so used said trailer bed as a work area to repair some tools.

This time of year replenish wood stocks for wood store, some 20 barrows in today. Kuga does need a full clean now lighter and warmer ..ish.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Took the Kuga and the LHA to the garden centre. Put some bags of compost and other gardeney things in the boot, thought I must put it through the carwash, went home and had a snooze.

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182HP 400Nm (T8MA) MMT6
1,119 Posts
I had issue with windshield, in some places I noticed humidity comes through sealant:
Hood Automotive lighting Grille Automotive design Automotive exterior

Automotive side-view mirror Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

I had to remove A,B-Pliar to drop down partially roof liner. Also I removed wiper cowl to seal it properly from bottom. It took me few hours of Saturday and 3/4 tube of screen selant. I was really tired after this, but effect is great. Today morning I didn't have any water / humidity also weird noises on high speeds disappeared :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I worked with it yesterday (Taxi), but did find time to get it cleaned with the hand wash guys. Inside definitely needed vacuum and wipe round, the outside was filthy and that wasn't including the Sahara contribution.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
2,174 Posts
I worked with it yesterday (Taxi), but did find time to get it cleaned with the hand wash guys. Inside definitely needed vacuum and wipe round, the outside was filthy and that wasn't including the Sahara contribution.
You still on the Greggs steak bakes Shaun 🤣

·
The Detective.
2017 Titanium iAWD 2.0 Diesel
2,454 Posts
Shopping and post office,,nothing exciting 😂

·
Registered
2019 Ford Kuga ST-Line
25 Posts
I had my passenger side glass replaced. The previous owner had been using sandpaper to de-ice the car I think... I looked like a spiders web every time the sun comes through.

Somehow the other windows are all fine, except the rear window, but it's far enough away that it doesn't really bother me too much.

First pull of the chord and it starts, Honda the power of dreams. 👍
I also started my mower for the first time since last season, third pull... It's a mountfield, so I could have reduced my exertion of energy by 200% had I have got a Honda it seems ;)

·
9,693 Posts
Got in the car and reversed it 3 feet to open the garage door to get the mower out.First pull of the chord and it starts, Honda the power of dreams. 👍
Same with my 1996 Hayter ride on. Thought it would have needed a charge of the battery but fired straight away. Just remember I bought 20 litres of petrol for it back in September. If I sold the mower today it would be worth twice as much if I threw the petrol in as well.

·
Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well today I got to meet Ronnie and got the missing cover I needed for my boot cover. Found 2 of the broken clips that hold it in place and now waiting for some good glue to come. Hopefully the glue works otherwise I need to replace the 3 clips that are broken. Next step is get the satnav updated because when ford replaced the screen and module the didn't bother doing it even though they had my car for almost 2 weeks.

·
9,693 Posts
I used araldite to repair a broken clip on the plastic trim that goes over the rear wheel arch. I have never had much faith in a single pack glue but something like araldite seems to hold up well.

Reactions: MaoVi

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182HP 400Nm (T8MA) MMT6
1,119 Posts
I used araldite to repair a broken clip on the plastic trim that goes over the rear wheel arch. I have never had much faith in a single pack glue but something like araldite seems to hold up well.
It's good brand of epoxy glue (y) I was sure all of them are good but twice I bought cheap one in corner shops and they stinks weirdly and not holding at all

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I bought some industrial plastic glue from ebay and if that doesn't work then its new clips at £7 each from ford.

1 - 20 of 220 Posts