Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

I was just wondering what cars you are trading in for the Kuga, and what will you miss most about it?

I would have been chopping in my facelift Focus ST3 but was lucky enough to sell it privately for an extra £1000 than the dealer offered me. Really looking forward to the Kuga and having a play with the AWD, but am sure I will miss the power of the ST
. At least I wont get a speeding ban in this though(fingers crossed!) but more admiring looks?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm trading in a Ford Maverick 3.0 XLT with LPG conversion. Price is shocking, less than I paid for the LPG conversion 2 years ago. Car has gone from £10,000 to worthless in 3 years. Can't be bothered with the hassle of selling privately though. Hope this Ford 4x4 holds its value a bit better :)

·
Registered
731 Posts
New shape Fiesta zetec 1.4 TDCi is being traded in for Kuga. Great car butwith a family and a dog it's too small. Really cheap to run, I may be in for a shock when it comes to keeping the Kuga on the road!! I'm really looking forward to it though.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Grrrr! I traded in a C-Max Ghia, 2 1/2 years old, 20K mileage, full service history, top spec and got £6250 They offered me £5995 to start with!It was put on the forecourt for £8995 and sold within the week. It was a part x for an ex demo top spec Titanium with everything except parking sensors and it was what I wanted so I took it. Maybe I should have haggled more but I have no patience and had to have it. Paid £22.5K, not sure what the new price would have been.

·
Registered
731 Posts
No I don't mind you asking. It wasn't a brilliant trade-in given it's age. Any way I digress!! The car was £12,900, part ex was £4,500for a 4 year old C-Max Ultima.Dealer is giving me £9000. Quite a drop in 3 months!!!! But I did manage to get an extra £1k out of them.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I had a BMW 320d (2006) but wanted something else (completely different) after having driven Audi's and Beamers for all my life.
I am especially missing the power/aerodynamics of the BMW!

Edited by: mouse1277

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Thanks Dave,

Yep, you're right. I know I made the right choice whatever the cost. Lovethe Kugato bits, best car I have ever hadand wouldn't go to the C-Max although I liked it at the time.

Sarah

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
We chopped in the wifes petrol Zetec S, shame though it was immaculate with only14000 on the clock and wearing a new set of Goodyears

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Actually, don't feel too bad now. Went on Parkers guide and all the extras I have would have cost £28k new. No way I would have paid that! Could have got an X3 instead

·
Registered
4 Posts
i sold my audi a3 (2004) which was running 111.000km. i sold it private and was very sad when i saw it driving away. but still got a good price.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I sold my beloved Focus ST-2. The good thing was that I sold it privately rather than through a dealer so got £2000 more than what I would have with a part/x.

Edited by: KugaRugby

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
KugaRugby said:
I sold my beloved Focus ST-2. The good thing was that I sold it privately rather than through a dealer so got £2000 more than what I would have with a part/x.

What you get for it mate?

Dealer offered me £12000 for my black ST3 08 facelift, but sold it privately for £13,000 in the end. But that exrta grand has already been spent by the other half on the bathroom being retiled

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hi all

I traded in a Tonic Blue Mondeo Titanium 2.2TDCI 56 plate for my Kuga. Well worth it!! Bit slower at times but nothing really to complain about.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm trading 56 plate vectra sri, 150bhp. Its a vauxhall so not emotional, just desperate and fed up with waiting, due to be built this week????? I hope.
I can't believe how many of you are trading from st's. I guess fuel consumption etc, I sold my beautiful Mini cooper S for that reason and did not buy the even more beautiful ST cos of economy, just hoping the Kuga Ticks all the boxes I think it will. Although I don't havemuch doubt. It will

·
Registered
30 Posts
I sold my 4 years old french Citroen c4 1.6 vtr to the ford dealer for 7000 euros... after driving the kuga 2.5T , the 110 bhp of c4 seemed quite slow ....
Edited by: antonisk7-GR

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mondeo Titanium X 1.8 TDCi and I have to admit it would leave my new Kuga 2.0 TDCi for dust - the Kuga feels very sluggish... I really hope it improves.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts