Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I know there's probably a thread on here about tyres but can anybody suggest a good comfortable 19" tyre as I tow a caravan! I have kumhos on there at the moment but when I need to change them I would like a something better,

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182HP 400Nm (T8MA) MMT6
1,119 Posts
Goodyear EfficientGrip 2 SUV
Font Line Material property Automotive tire Screenshot

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Expensive aren't they going to have to put the front ones on and save for the back ones😆 thanks for your reply guys

Reactions: MaoVi

·
Mr. Happy. “Sweet Cheeks”
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
2,974 Posts
Remember Mike, the tyres are the things that keep you on the road through all weather's............So invest in a good quality tyre rather than a cheap tyre................"You know it makes sense" as they say .

Tyre snobbery does exist for good reasons.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes you are totally right I will get some decent tyres put on, don't know why I put these kumhos on in the first place😳

Reactions: Happyarry

·
Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
284 Posts
Just swapped the budget tyres off mine ( on when bought ) for Michelin primacy 3 and its so much nicer to drive now. Make sure when you do buy a good set of tyres get the 4way alignment checked otherwise you might not get the mileage out of them.

·
2,974 Posts
Keep an eye on how they are wearing and you cant go wrong. (y)

Reactions: Phil Doggo

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,664 Posts
Tyres are super important - at the end of the day, it's what connects you to the road, regardless of anything else.

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
3,407 Posts
Tyres are super important - at the end of the day, it's what connects you to the road, regardless of anything else.
Not to some people mate, they want the cheapest they can find, usually because it’s only an SUV. Well, that’s most of the comments I’ve read anyway.

Uniroyal Rainsport 5 for me, they’re brilliant 👍🏻

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
9,693 Posts
Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Seasons for me. I only buy Premium now but have used Toyo in the past on the old car and they performed very well. Dunlop SP Sport I found the best for grip but they wear out too quick

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can't seem to get my size tyre in the ones you all have recommended,
I need 235/45 r19 but I will keep searching

·
2,974 Posts
I have Pirelli Asymmetric zero on mine and have been very good so far, A summer tyre but has been ok in the snow when they had a lot more tread on them.

·
2,974 Posts
The SNOW we get daan souf is only about an inch deep Phil....................Thats what we call a bad winter mate 😉

·
Registered
Kuga 1: 2017 Titanium Moondust Silver 1.5 Ecoboost. Kuga 2: 2016 Zetec Frozen White 1.5 Ecoboost.
78 Posts
From me another vote for Michelin CrossClimate (or Vector 4seasons). CrossClimate 2/SUV or Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen3 SUV.

• Love

·
Registered
Kuga 1: 2017 Titanium Moondust Silver 1.5 Ecoboost. Kuga 2: 2016 Zetec Frozen White 1.5 Ecoboost.
78 Posts
Can’t make ya mind up eh?
Haha just meant have both and can recommend either. 🙄

Op. If not urgent might be worth waiting until a decent promotion comes up somewhere.
Could set an alert on the word Tyre on a site like hotukdeals or something, or just keep an eye out regularly at the usual places for a decent offer.
Blackcircles has your size in CrossClimate 2 but ridiculously pricey at £260 a corner.
For comparison I got 4 CrossClimates on a halfords 15% off offer for about £480 last summer and 4 Goodyear Vectors on other car later on last year for £403 on a very good Costco offer. Mine are only 17inch though but point is I found both deals on hotukdeals. There are a few other similar deal sites too and can be handy if keeping an eye out for an offer to set an alert somewhere like that.

Reactions: Psshaw

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes I've found those tyres but for £260 a pop 🤯 got to be some cheaper ones out there somewhere

·
Registered
874 Posts
I used Asda tyres last time, Gen3 goodyear 4 seasons SUV for £487 for 4, look out for special offers, think Asda in bed with Goodyear.

My previous Gen 2's did over 55,000 miles on a set, with regular swapping. so good overall value I would say.

If I was inclined for a summer tyre:
Goodyear efficient grip,
Uniroyal rainsport, but will wear quick,
Continental,will be bad on mud / grass or snow.
Bridgestone worth a look and also Hankook

1 - 20 of 29 Posts