Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We would like to welcome Welcome CARiD.com! as our newest supporting vendor!

Please take a moment to visit their site:http://www.carid.com/ford-kuga-accessories/

Edited by: Admin

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Hi Morph,

There's some very cool toys on there. Who'll be the first KOC member to go for a pair of Lambo doors?
Edited by: Dozers Dad

·
Registered
546 Posts
I see that you have to look under 2013 Ford Escape parts for the the Mk2 Kuga.
But do they ship to the UK.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Dozers Dad said:
Hi Morph,

There's some very cool toys on there. Who'll be the first KOC member to go for a pair of Lambo doors?

Trust me when I say these are the most annoying and pointless modification you can do to a car! You WILL smack yourself in the face with the door on any car with them!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Think how high the ceiling in your garage will have to be to open the door.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Hi Mate,

I'll never forget the first time I saw a Lambo door conversion on a Corsa. I was torn between laughing and being realy impressed. In the end I found myself talking to the yoof that owned the car for a good 20 mins! It was from an engineering angle you understand. Not a desire to own a £500 car with £7000 of modifications!
minimadgriff said:
Dozers Dad said:
Hi Morph,

Trust me when I say these are the most annoying and pointless modification you can do to a car! You WILL smack yourself in the face with the door on any car with them!

·
Registered
459 Posts
I look forward to seeing your car Eamonn I'm not in to adding parts(tarting up lol)but maybe I could be converted
Only one more sleep and you'll have it,just taking mine back for 2nd time as ipod connection is playing up supposed to be getting software upgraded
apart from that loving car after 2500 miles

·
Registered
825 Posts
i'm a Hot Rod, Custom car man at heart and love modifying my cars, in my youth i'd put big engines in small cars ;) thats serious mods lol, had a Mk2 Cortina which came with a 1500cc pre crossflow engine, which i then put 1600, 2.0 V4 , 3.0 V6 and finally a 5.7 Chevy V8 in, made a convertible out of a Mk4 Ford Zodiac , and my last Chevy Truck managed to squeeze over 600BHP with supercharger and othere mods although i did blow 5 gearboxes and 2 engines getting it that quick. as this Kuga is my daily driver and Tow car, keeping to cosmetic mods for the time being, but i have plans for another Marina, i really want to put a huge V8 into one,Why i hear people ask.. well coz i can lol I love V8s and Marinas so it makes perfect sense to me ;)

·
Registered
459 Posts
I understand your passion for modding cars,I was a regular at Santa Pod in the 70s always admired American cars only ones I've driven were Chevy pick up of some sort and a Pontiac Firebird Transam both belonged to my then brother in law the Pontiac was right hand drive which I believe was a rare thing?And I always fancied sticking a Rover V8 in my Marina TC
but my brother who is in the motor trade talked me out of it saying the Marina basicly being a Morris Oxford couldn't handle the B series motor and a V8 would be lunacy,I bought and modded an MGB
=horrible this put me off non standard cars

·
Registered
825 Posts
lol if modded badly can put you off, i've seen some horrible examples over the years but then also smoe awesome cars, if you want to see some serious cars Ipswich show ground over the August bank holiday NASC Nats is the place to be. show and shine on the Sunday, i'll be there in a Marina or two ;) look for a Marina with wolfrace slot wheels ;)

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'd like to do that show but that weekend I am looking after our own 2 dogs and 4 Jack russels on my own!!
should be fun lol,if I get a reprieve I may attend but would have to bring my 2 hounds.Extent of my MGB mod venture was a respray/full webasto sunroof/stage2 Janspeed tuned motor/competition distributor/electronic ignition/twin choke webber it sounded awesome for a B series with Janspeed twin branch and the webber only did 14mpg and it wasn't realy fast
have you ever tried flogging a modded MGB?no one would touch it had to take visable bits off car and stay quiet about the rest swapped it for a mini plus some cash local scrap dealer wanted it for his girl friend

·
Registered
825 Posts
depends where you advertise them, a few websites now and clubs in the past for well modded sorted cars I've bought a few "Projects" where people have had big ideas but not the skills to finish em, got a few bargains , sorted em and sold on at profit, problem with something like MGs is they have a following of Stiff upper lips who don't like us rodders ;)let us know if you do come over, we can hook up for a beer or tea :) we'll be there for the whole weekend fri till mon ;)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Too true regarding the stiff upper lippers my B was aconite in colour and that is one colour to avoid on a B as it identifies the car as one of the first rubber bumper cars.Have pencilled the date of that show inbut shortage of dog sitters that weekend all of mine are away and I am looking after theirs lol 6 dogs would be too much of a handfull

·
Registered
825 Posts
well Hood Bug deflector has arrived and looks great (well i think it looks great ;) )

window deflectors are on their way (hopefully tomorrow so i can get them fitted over the week end ;)

also I've had front windows tinted slightly darker than the factory tint but lighter than the rears look good and legal (Just ;) )

Edited by: Eamonn

·
Vendor
2 Posts
Hi Everybody! Thanks for your comments!

We are glad to become the supporting vendor of Kuga forum!
We do ship to UK! Postage will be calculated basing on the weight and dimensions of a package.

The list of custom products for European Ford Kuga may not be very wide at CARiD, however we belive that our universal parts and accessories would also be interesting for you.

If you would like to inquire about some of our products - please let us know!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi

I am looking at the bug deflector on carid site and have price which is quite good, did anyone who ordered get stuck for import tax VAT if so how do you work that out.

Andy

Edited by: Andyoak

·
Registered
681 Posts
Stupot said:
Think how high the ceiling in your garage will have to be to open the door.
Does anyone use a garage to house a car nowadays,I know my garage is barely big enough for the car, and even if I did get it in then I wouldn't be able to get out lol.....

·
Registered
307 Posts
My word there is some really good stuff on here, I like the al weather tech mats front rear and the boot ideal for me and our dog. Thanks for putting this on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts