Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
501 - 512 of 512 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to hear you have puddles, Puddles. Not had any leaks in my Kuga so far but when i bought my Ka new in 2006 that leaked like a bugger. Turns out when it was built they forgot to seal the bulkhead joints to the sides, so the water just ran in. Had the dash out at RatesFordin Grays, Essex, and done the job fine. No problems since... and i have actually kept it so must have turned out ok in the end. Good luck.
I suffer the same issue. Do you have any pics or details?

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "spudgun, post: 193754, membru: 9164"]
Nu cred că voi avea o problemă de remediere a problemei, dar am crezut că alții pot fi interesați. Ne pare rău, videoclipul nu este foarte clar, este foarte luminos astăzi.
Bara de acoperiș este îndepărtată și șuruburile introduse din nou.
Am pus o bucată largă de bandă de izolație pe partea din spate a gropii barei de acoperiș pentru a păstra apa înăuntru.
Se toarnă apă, dar nu o umplu până la șurubul din față, nu aș vrea ca asta să fie în diagnostic.
Apa se scurge în aproximativ 5 secunde în mașină.
Ceva a eșuat în mod sigur, acolo unde toate panourile se alătură. Am un nou tub de sikaflex, așa că, odată ce vopseaua s-a uscat, voi merge mai târziu în oraș.

[MEDIA = youtube] Djz2MLqPPsw [/ MEDIA]
[/ CITAT]
(...)
(...)Hello. I have same problem, similar with your's. What's the resolve? Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
3,071 Posts
[QUOTE = "spudgun, post: 193754, membru: 9164"]
Nu cred că voi avea o problemă de remediere a problemei, dar am crezut că alții pot fi interesați. Ne pare rău, videoclipul nu este foarte clar, este foarte luminos astăzi.
Bara de acoperiș este îndepărtată și șuruburile introduse din nou.
Am pus o bucată largă de bandă de izolație pe partea din spate a gropii barei de acoperiș pentru a păstra apa înăuntru.
Se toarnă apă, dar nu o umplu până la șurubul din față, nu aș vrea ca asta să fie în diagnostic.
Apa se scurge în aproximativ 5 secunde în mașină.
Ceva a eșuat în mod sigur, acolo unde toate panourile se alătură. Am un nou tub de sikaflex, așa că, odată ce vopseaua s-a uscat, voi merge mai târziu în oraș.

[MEDIA = youtube] Djz2MLqPPsw [/ MEDIA]
[/ CITAT]
(...)
(...)Hello. I have same problem, similar with your's. What's the resolve? Thank you.
You need to read the thread from the start. the solution to the issue is posted.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We have now named our Kuga Puddles, the car is 09 bought new and has 3000 m on the clock. In the last week it has decided to fill the passenger footwell with water. The local dealer took the veh in to investigate and found a large leak coming in the rear of the roof! we advised them that the car faces bonnet up on the drive so we didn't think this was right but took the car anyway. next day front footwell full of water, took car in again now saying they have another Kuga in with same fault and they have to take dash out to fix. Has anyone else got a (puddles) or are we just unlucky? We are obviously very unhappy that the dash has to come out as this is major work with the possibility that the car will never be the same again. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Previous owner had this with my 2009 Mk1, took it to Ford as always, and they did not fix it, took it to a local garage who took the windscreen out and refitted, they leak at the top and run round

·
Registered
Ford Kuga Titanium TDCI A 163 (2012)
2 Posts
We have now named our Kuga Puddles, the car is 09 bought new and has 3000 m on the clock. In the last week it has decided to fill the passenger footwell with water. The local dealer took the veh in to investigate and found a large leak coming in the rear of the roof! we advised them that the car faces bonnet up on the drive so we didn't think this was right but took the car anyway. next day front footwell full of water, took car in again now saying they have another Kuga in with same fault and they have to take dash out to fix. Has anyone else got a (puddles) or are we just unlucky? We are obviously very unhappy that the dash has to come out as this is major work with the possibility that the car will never be the same again. Any feedback would be appreciated.
I thought you might be interested in the unsatisfactory discussion I am having with FORD on the subject of water ingress in ford kuga. I would be interested in your feedback. The attached link is a video from the house of commons.

·
The Detective.
2017 Titanium iAWD 2.0 Diesel
2,593 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: NigelB

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,000 Posts
You couldn't really make it up could you with a modern car letting in water.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2009 which was previously owned by my brother in-law from new. It had the same leak whilst I investigate and found common windscreen leak, he took to Ford, who took the dash out and sealed, £500 later it still leaked. He then took it to an independent, who removed to windscreen and refitted it. The sealant that Ford used to bond the windscreen in had failed.
There is a good youtube with a guy blowing bubbles with an airline through the gap in the top of the windscreen.

501 - 512 of 512 Posts