Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

481 - 486 of 486 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have now named our Kuga Puddles, the car is 09 bought new and has 3000 m on the clock. In the last week it has decided to fill the passenger footwell with water. The local dealer took the veh in to investigate and found a large leak coming in the rear of the roof! we advised them that the car faces bonnet up on the drive so we didn't think this was right but took the car anyway. next day front footwell full of water, took car in again now saying they have another Kuga in with same fault and they have to take dash out to fix. Has anyone else got a (puddles) or are we just unlucky? We are obviously very unhappy that the dash has to come out as this is major work with the possibility that the car will never be the same again. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Mine's started doin it in passenger footwell, il let you know wot they say. mk1 tit 4wd

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have now named our Kuga Puddles, the car is 09 bought new and has 3000 m on the clock. In the last week it has decided to fill the passenger footwell with water. The local dealer took the veh in to investigate and found a large leak coming in the rear of the roof! we advised them that the car faces bonnet up on the drive so we didn't think this was right but took the car anyway. next day front footwell full of water, took car in again now saying they have another Kuga in with same fault and they have to take dash out to fix. Has anyone else got a (puddles) or are we just unlucky? We are obviously very unhappy that the dash has to come out as this is major work with the possibility that the car will never be the same again. Any feedback would be appreciated.
I have a similar problem with mine, been on a few forums & the general consensus is the pollen filter needs changing, it's a pain in the bum to do apparently but it has a seal on it that leaks if you don't change it & as it's such a pain to do gets left, hope this helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just recently bought myself a mk1 Kuga. I have since found myself in the wet feet brigade. Appears to be a small water stain on the roofliner above the drivers door (annoyed I didn't spot it when buying it but hey ho am happy with the car otherwise so not too annoyed)

With regards to the roof rail I don't have a roof rack fitted just the plastic roof strips. Is it a case of just peeling them up from the back, cleaning the area and sealing it down?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Just recently bought myself a mk1 Kuga. I have since found myself in the wet feet brigade. Appears to be a small water stain on the roofliner above the drivers door (annoyed I didn't spot it when buying it but hey ho am happy with the car otherwise so not too annoyed)

With regards to the roof rail I don't have a roof rack fitted just the plastic roof strips. Is it a case of just peeling them up from the back, cleaning the area and sealing it down?

Got it in one, I would also check the sealing at the top of the windscreen.

481 - 486 of 486 Posts