Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve just purchased a Ford Kuga 2010 a 2 Litre Turbo Diesel My problem is that I have a leak making the footwell on the drivers side extremely wet a mechanic has advised me to get the windscreen refitted as the sealing is known to fail anyone have any other ideas the Ariel on the roof has all the plastic cracked could the water run down the cable to the radio does the cable run across the roof down the Pilar under the carpet on the drivers side and up to the radio

·
Super Moderator
2,061 Posts
Windscreen AND the Mk.1's were 'famed' for having poor quality panel seals in the footwells (both sides).

It needs checking and, if necessary, cutting out and re-sealing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve just been told my problem is most probably the tailgate any body had this problem which makes sense as the Kuga was facing down the drive

·
Super Moderator
2,061 Posts
Tailgate seal and also check for cracked and missing panel sealant.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ve just been told by a mechanic the problem is under the trim on the roof where you fix the roof rack took the trim of and there are 4 holes any body have any ideas what they are there for filled them up with silicone and waiting for it to rain to see if it’s done the trick

·
Super Moderator
2,061 Posts
Do you have roof bars? They sound like the fixing holes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A problem I had on my MK1 Titanium.

Drove me crazy but have now resolved.

I had both passenger and drivers door well issues. Sodden wet. Full carpet strip out to dry.

First I added silicon to roof rails; under neath there was open holes. Didn't resolve.

Second I added silicon to bulk head. Access under wiper section . Smoothered , but still leaked.

Third added silicone to foot well, all areas that had potential to let water ingress from ground.. didn't resolve.

Finally, traced water from top right corner of windscreen. It was drippiing then running down pillar plastic to footwell area behind dash. ******* to trace but figured it out.

New screen fitted. Was told the windscreen was barely attached. All sealant overhead was not bonded and when you close door you could see windscreen lifting out from pressure.

Resolved.

Go windscreen first - fake stone chip will do for insurance claim.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve just purchased a Ford Kuga 2010 a 2 Litre Turbo Diesel My problem is that I have a leak making the footwell on the drivers side extremely wet a mechanic has advised me to get the windscreen refitted as the sealing is known to fail anyone have any other ideas the Ariel on the roof has all the plastic cracked could the water run down the cable to the radio does the cable run across the roof down the Pilar under the carpet on the drivers side and up to the radio
I had the same on my 2009 it turned out to be the front screen had it replaced and all is now dry
Window screen guy showed me when pushing against it from inside you could see it move
Not saying this is your problem but worth looking into

1 - 10 of 10 Posts