Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem a trivial question, however, don't want to ruin my beast so soon after picking it up. What is the best way to wash and wax ? I have just bought some Autoglym HD wax.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi

I've found that if you want a long lasting protection get some sort of Paint Sealer. I used jetseal 109 on my whirte Focus ST and found it lasted about 6 months if I washed it with the right stuff. I now have a white Kuga and plan to do the same as soon as I can get the thing clayed.

There are a few good car detaling sites out there or look up a local car detailer and have them do it first time for you.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Certain LSP's (Last Stage Products) can look better on some colours; whites and silvers can look better with a sealant, whereas, darker colours tend to look better with a wax BUT you can also mix the two, there is no right or wrong

If your Kuga is light coloured and as you already have the HD Wax, I would go with Autoglym's High Defenition Cleanser Kit before applying the wax and if the paintwork is dark, I would also use Autoglym's Ultra Deep Shine, after the cleanser and again before the wax.

I used this combination on a neighbour's car

BEFORE

AFTER

1 - 4 of 4 Posts