Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, not sure if this one's been raised, had the Kuga four weeks (praise be to Ford!) and I've had to fill the windscreen wiper reservior three times now with about a litre of washer fluid each time.I thought at first the garage had just not filled it up when I collected it but since then it seems to be losing fluid but I cannot locate a leak or pool of fluid under the Kuga anywhere!! I thought at one point it could beair in the system butI think this is a bit beyond that!

I'm assuning that the front and rear washer jestsare fed from the same resevoir inside the drivers front wing?Hope it's not leaking out somewhere towards the back?

I plan to monitor over the next few days and if it continues I'll be back to the dealer, just wondered if anyone had seen this before.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi Andy106,
It may have been covered before but I don't remember seeing it.
Most washer systems have the pump within the water bottle, and until it is activated there will not be any water under pressure in the lines.
The most likely source of the problem is either a pipe outlet from the bottle OR a faulty/split bottle.
Sounds like a visit to the dealers to me.
Regards (win-doc).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Andy, Ive had the same issue. Got mine from the car people, quick check and sreen wash was empty. Filled it up,but could not find a leak.Checked it days later and empty again, with it taking over a litre every time. Then saw a poodle underneath, but couldnt see where from. Anyway it going in for warranty this morning (Thursday), so will add entry later.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well Kuga owners, Ford talk rubbish!!

Ive just collected by Kuga from Ford, having had it in for warranty on the screenwash bottle losing water. I dont know where it goes...sometimes there a small pool under the car, sometimes not. Even when I dont use it it uses a 1ltr every two days or so. Anwway, Ford stated that they could not find a leak. All they did was to fill it up and see if it leaked, but it didnt. What they should have done was to take it for a run and then look, as there must be a loose fitting a small crack somewhere. Now on a car costing £22500, their remedy was to insert a small cut piece of foam into the screenwash bottle cap. The technican, mechanic, grease monkey man, or what ever they portray themselves to be, and I was one for 14 years, said he had done this to another Kuga and it had resolved the matter. The service manager explained that the water sploshes out from the cap when going around corners.......excuse me, does water now defy Newtons laws of gravity or what. Unless im doing barrel rolls or loop the loop, I dont think so...there disticnt was smell of poo from his mouth. No one can tell me what the capacity is on the bottle, so I dont know how much ive left.

Anyway, I logged the matter with Ford customer services on 0845 8411111 and obtained a ref number...they said to monitor it for a few days and if it continues, to call them back and they will re book it in. Lastly, the Ford dealer said, as there wasnt a leak, then it wasnt covered under warranty.......but they would noy charge me on this occasion, but should I take it back for the same issue and they find nothing, then they will be forced to bill me.

Ford Uk also said, that issue like this are picked up through their dealers and faults like this are automatically notified to them and if there is a trend, then they will look at a redesign.

Cant say im happy with the explanation...but lets see.

Phill

·
Registered
77 Posts
I use a four litre juice bottle to fill my washer bottle, it usually is enough water, to fill with a bit left over. The capacity is defo more than 3 litre and less than 4. I'll check when I next fill up!
Edited by: Freddie Kuga

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just a quick line, the screen wash leak is back. posted an emial to Mr Ford, plus a line on the stupid spilling of diesel everytime I fill up, not that is a real joke!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
And there's me thinking I was the only one with this problem at least I don't feel such a Gomm any more because that what I feellike by the way I have been treated by what Ford call the SERVICE department My Kuga has just been back for the same problem today for the Forth time it can loose at least one and a half litres in a week without using it They have replaced the hoses and even thebottle and theystill can'tsee it empties the water out through the top when you drive and they say they cant find the fault I'm now waiting for the manager to contact me today about this as he was in a meeting when I went in today Oh! and bye the way see what you think to this the last time it went in they booked me a courtesy car for the week which I might add was cleaner outside than it was inside and the outside was pretty dirty anyway becauseI travel on motorways a lot I put£20in it before they rang a day early to say my car was (fixed)!!!!!!!! and when I asked if I could be re-imbursed the £20 I think you can guess the rest the real response was "You can carry on using the courtsey carif you wish"Iwill keep you posted on any further developments

·
Registered
2 Posts
John the Gomm said:
And there's me thinking I was the only one with this problem at least I don't feel such a Gomm any more because that what I feellike by the way I have been treated by what Ford call the SERVICE department My Kuga has just been back for the same problem today for the Forth time it can loose at least one and a half litres in a week without using it They have replaced the hoses and even thebottle and theystill can'tsee it empties the water out through the top when you drive and they say they cant find the fault I'm now waiting for the manager to contact me today about this as he was in a meeting when I went in today Oh! and bye the way see what you think to this the last time it went in they booked me a courtesy car for the week which I might add was cleaner outside than it was inside and the outside was pretty dirty anyway becauseI travel on motorways a lot I put£20in it before they rang a day early to say my car was (fixed)!!!!!!!! and when I asked if I could be re-imbursed the £20 I think you can guess the rest the real response was "You can carry on using the courtsey carif you wish"Iwill keep you posted on any further developments

Asi expected I did not recieve a call from the service manager so I left it till the Saturday and I went in to see him and guess what? he had gone on hoilday on the Friday night so I left a message for someone to ring me back on monday which I'm glad to say they did but as the manager is on holiday a deision could not be made till he comes back so another week of being left in the feeling like a GOMM

·
Registered
28 Posts
Its over a year since I posted some remarks about a leaking screen wash bottle, exactly as some other chaps are having........having sl*gged off FORD, believe it or not, since the insert of a small piece of form into the bottle cap, it hasnt lost any whatsoever.

As an add on, if you dont mind....I have a set of four 18inch Ford rims, which are 5 spoke with the arrow head ends, if you know what I mean. They are unmarked and are fitted with 235 50 18 Contis. Two are about 2.5 mm and the others are 3-4 mm.

Anyone interested use the forum to message me.

Thanks Phill

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
mucker said:
Andy, Ive had the same issue. Got mine from the car people, quick check and sreen wash was empty. Filled it up,but could not find a leak.Checked it days later and empty again, with it taking over a litre every time. Then saw a poodle underneath, but couldnt see where from. Anyway it going in for warranty this morning (Thursday), so will add entry later.

It might be that the poodle under your car is thirsty and drinking the water from your bottle!

See if you can tempt it out with a bonio

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
On a serious note!

The washer bottle it way bigger than 1 litres. Nearer 4L.

Mine has the bit of foam on the lid and have never noticed a problem with it leaking.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
mucker said:
Just a quick line, the screen wash leak is back. posted an emial to Mr Ford, plus a line on the stupid spilling of diesel everytime I fill up, not that is a real joke!!

This used to happen to me because I always used to try to get as much fuel in the tank like I used to on my other cars.

But if you follow the instructions on the fuel flap then it doesn't happen.

No more than 2 clicks max.

Leave nozzle in place for 10 secs

Remove.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts