Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last few weeks my washer pump became intermittent, then it stopped. I've changed the pump today but its still dead, so i'm obviously looking for something electrical. Fuse OK.

Any experience on a particular loom, or connector etc., that's been problematic at all?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Were you able to verify that the new pump worked prior to install?

How did you verify the fuse was ok? Swap or visual? (Sometimes visuals can be deceiving)

I am not clued up on the wiring loom, however you managed to replace the pump therefore if you have a multimeter you should be able to check for a voltage supply to the wiring plug, as well as a ground

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Over the last few weeks my washer pump became intermittent, then it stopped. I've changed the pump today but its still dead, so i'm obviously looking for something electrical. Fuse OK.

Any experience on a particular loom, or connector etc., that's been problematic at all?

Many thanks!
Update. Work completed now includes taking out the switch module, splitting and inspecting it (fine), taking out and cleaning the fuse board (fuse fine) and removing the new pump again and bench testing that, including the loom that runs the length of the tank. All fine. What I did notice was that, of the two pins that power the pump at the connector at the front of the tank, one was live at between 5-7 volts whenever the car powered up and the other was always dead. Not sure what I should be seeing there voltage wise, but I would think nothing when the switch was off, and closer to 12v when its on. Any electrical guru's out there to comment on that please?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts